Author Topic: Now here’s a deal!  (Read 6018 times)

Offline ieezitin

Now here’s a deal!
« on: April 24, 2011, 09:27:04 AM »
Well…….

I was at the auction looking for stuff and I stumbled on this old water bladder tank, I say old but in fact it was manufactured in 2007. Anywho When the bidding started I thought I was going to have a challenge in getting it as this was a farm auction and I was not the only red-neck trying to sniff out a bargain, but no one wanted it so I stole it for $7.00. in the truck it slid and arrived at the fab-shop, I am going to make it into a 200 gallon air receiver.

I decided to put a 2” Olet on for the air supply from the compressor and I went with 1-1/12 flanged out-let supply to work,  on the top I am putting a 1” olet for the Pop-Off valve and above the inlet another 1” for the air gage. At the bottom I am reducing the 2” down to a ½” with a drain valve.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:31:50 AM by ieezitin »
If you cant fix it, get another hobby.

Offline JimM

• Chessington, Surrey
Re: Now here’s a deal!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »
That's one big receiver !

What sort of pressure is a water tank good too ??

Offline Yorkshireman

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »
A large vessel of unknown origin, with unclear welds on it, is 'upgraded' to a pressurized air tank. Good Luck!
Where do you live, because I will never go near this thing...

Offline ieezitin

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:42:45 AM »
Well...

its rated for 200lbs at ambient temp from the factory, in its life the working pressure would have been around 50=60Lbs.  my  working pressure will be around 125lbs, no one needs more than that. as too the welding i have held code certs for years, if its round and contains pressure ive probably welded it!!!!! ::)

will have a coat of paint tonight will try to have pics soon!!!    Happy days   Anthony
If you cant fix it, get another hobby.