Author Topic: The biggest QCTP holder I ever did see...  (Read 3875 times)

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
The biggest QCTP holder I ever did see...
« on: May 06, 2011, 06:15:36 AM »

(If the picture has disappeared when you read this, it shows a QCTP attached to a massive hexagonal lump, attached to the compound slide.)

I am guessing this is some form of turret toolholder device? Anyone got any ideas? It's attached to a tidy looking DSG lathe described as a "surfacing and boring lathe":

Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline 75Plus

Re: The biggest QCTP holder I ever did see...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 10:16:28 AM »
You don't usually see that much overhang either. :jaw:

Joe

Offline dickda1

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 10:21:42 AM »
I like the arrangement of the safety shield, looks like it slides to the right.  I am used to see ones that hinge at the back.
-Dick
sunny (mostly) San Francisco, land of looney people, sane politics and occasional earthquakes.

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
I like the arrangement of the safety shield, looks like it slides to the right.  I am used to see ones that hinge at the back.
-Dick

Is the light braket not going to get in the way ??

Offline one_rod

• Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »

I am guessing this is some form of turret toolholder device? Anyone got any ideas? It's attached to a tidy looking DSG lathe described as a "surfacing and boring lathe":

Surfacing / Boring lathes are only really useful if you have that kind of work to do. Notice the short bed, generous centre height and lack of tailstock.
Not really a general purpose machine.

That hex tool turret looks more like something off a vertical borer than a turret lathe. The whole thing has the look of a codge-up designed to do some specific job.

Tidy DSG's in standard trim will still fetch a good price at auction. Rough or heavily modded, they can go for not much above scrap value.

Unless it's just what someone wants, you can't help suspecting that one is soon going to end up in a shipping container on it's way to India.

one_rod.
"A season ticket for the one way ride..."