Author Topic: Pics for craynerd  (Read 7074 times)

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
Pics for craynerd
« on: May 19, 2011, 06:37:04 AM »
Craynerd,

Some bigger pics :D

DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
Re: Pics for craynerd
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 06:50:46 AM »
Lovely work Dave!! I appreciate the pics.  "Brassy Babe" by David Goodfellow: http://www.davegoodfellow.com/plans.pdf was the first engine I ever shoddily built, but it did run! Is this from his plans or is just coincidently similar?

Looks really lovely. I think I should go back and make a nice wobbler. Looking back at my previous efforts my work was terrible!  Excellent - I really like the input and exhaust. Do you have a gasket between the main frame and base or is it just good machining to give you a good seal?!?  :bow:

Chris

Offline DaveH

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 07:39:56 AM »
Chris,

This link http://www.davegoodfellow.com/plans.pdf  seems not to have any plans. :(

I did have a look on your web site,  :D so I can see the resemblance but it was my own design. (I have the drawings to prove it). There again all wobblers look pretty much the same.  :)

I did this one to work on lung power, but it kept on making me dizzy. :doh: :doh: :doh:

The way it is in the photo it will run on 2 – 2.2 psi now invert it and it will run on 1.8 – 2 psi.

The two inputs allow it to run either way – to show I was not cheating. :hammer:

It runs upside down better purely because of gravity. Gravity acting on the piston/rod.
(Something to remember – especially with tiny engines)  :smart:

There is no gasket just two small bits of inserted copper pipe and hope.

It must leak slightly but never noticed it, also oil gets in there which probably helps with the sealing. Only running on 2psi.

Then there is the spring – perhaps the most important part of a small wobbler.

Another thing Chris I deliberately gave it a load of “bling” a lot of spit and polish, there is no reason you cannot “bling” your Brassy Babe up – makes it a whole new engine.

DaveH

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 10:21:24 AM »
Thanks for all the detail Dave.

Yes, your right, I could bling up Brassy Babe but to be honest, I look back at it and it could do with a full rebuild - in fact, not a part I would even keep! I like to look back at it and think I have improved. I think maybe me making another wobbler would help to confirm my hopes!

Chris

Offline DaveH

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 04:48:03 PM »
Chris,

Don’t throw it away – keep it. It works and it runs – it was the first one you made, you probably learnt a lot whilst making it.

Keep it – keep it safe (warts an’ all)  After all Chris you made it. :)    At least you had the **lls to give it a go, you started and you finished it. Well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

:beer:
DaveH

Offline martink

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 06:21:13 PM »
Sorry for dredging up old threads, but talking of keeping things you made, I built a model about 30 years ago, based on a Harley, out of nuts and bolts and any other bits that were literally within reach of the vice at work. Far from ME standards as I used only the vice, a hacksaw, and a stick welder and probably a worn out file. About 5 years ago, I found it in my garage rusting away and threw it in the bin. I've regretted it ever since, and all I have to remind me is this scan of a poor photo.

Offline DaveH

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 06:44:13 PM »
Martink,

Sad mate, it looked good. :(

If you make it - keep it. :)

DaveH