Author Topic: new work shop roof  (Read 8014 times)

Offline krv3000

new work shop roof
« on: May 22, 2011, 03:46:39 PM »
HI all sos no pics to go with this post I got woken up in the midel of the night by my dog barking  went out to av a look to see wate was up sum theving ****** had broken in to my work shop thruw the roof  the good bit was he was still insayd and shawting for hellp phonde the ploce wile on his way back out with a bag full of tools he fell of a chair that  he was yousing to clime back out of the work shop  and broke his arm   :)    thats when the s hit the fan the old roof on my work shop was made of fiber bord  witch is verey simaler to asbestos corigated roofing  but dus not contane asbestos  the next day the crime seen pepel turnd up to tack pics of the hole in my roof they took one look at my roof and sed its asbestos you need to get a furm in to remove the roof as its a helth hased  :jaw: any way phond up the local athoretes  two men in a van turnd up  told me if it is asbestos it will cost a fortune to get it removed  they went back to ther van and got drest up like sumthing out of a si fi move they took sum sampels of my roof for testing to see if it contand asbestos      :loco:    as i alredy told them that it dus not contane asbestos  got a worning of them that if i did anything to the roof with out ther go a hed i wood be in trubel  ges wat got a leter of the space men its ok your roof is not made out of asbestos   so me work shop has a new roof this time corigated steel    in the uk if thr roof is made out of asbestos sheeting its ok untill sumthing hapens to it ie gets broken  then it becums a hazed wich has do be removed   any way i have had a big tidy up of me work shop will post pics soon     by from bob

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
Re: new work shop roof
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 04:15:39 PM »
Bob,

Didn't you break his other arm and a leg or two.

DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline krv3000

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 04:54:14 PM »
HI no did not want any more blud soking in to me work shop flor 

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »
In that case should have left him there 'til morning may be he would have bled to death :D

DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 06:19:30 PM »
Good to read about some toerag getting what he deserved right there on the spot, rather than being prosecuted weeks later and let off with some piffling sentence.
I hope you greeted him with a firm handshake on his broken arm :) .

Andy.
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline krv3000

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 08:38:58 PM »
HI all sos no pics of the billd but i made a new back dore for the worksop its mad out of 1" box  finishd pics

Offline Bogstandard

• Bogs Group
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 11:15:14 PM »
Nice door Bob, colour is a bit bright for me though.

I have trouble with my cement board roof as well, no-one trying to get in, but it is cracking on some of the valleys and peaks. I need to find a way to treat it as I can't get underneath to change the roof sheets because it has a false ceiling in there. It would mean taking my workshop apart.

BTW, read your PM's

John
If you don't try it, you will never know if you can do it.

Location - Crewe, Cheshire

Skype - bandit175

Offline krv3000

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 03:03:33 AM »
hi bog well it was ether  green or blue and i all redy have to much blue gowing on on the inside
right as to your roof ther is ways to fix this but non are cheep ther is a brush on ruber type coting that can be put on  or you my want to youse fiber glass resin with the mating or ther is  a type of led flashing  when i say led its  gnaw made with aluminume with a stikey bitshamen type back witch you just unrole and stick dawn or the opshone of fitting a new roof over the top of the old one B&Q do a corigated type roofing its made out of sum sort of laminet with bichamen

Offline krv3000

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 03:06:00 AM »
hi john i did send you a emall with my detals did you not get it

Offline Bogstandard

• Bogs Group
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 03:22:37 AM »
I didn't get your email Bob.

I am actually looking at the spread on bitumen stuff, as I think if the roof needs to be glassed all over, major damage could be caused to it if you have to climb over it. It is only about just over 10 years old, and I am surprised that the roof has failed so early in it's life. As usual, the original supplier has gone out of business.

John
If you don't try it, you will never know if you can do it.

Location - Crewe, Cheshire

Skype - bandit175

Offline krv3000

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 03:35:22 AM »
HI john i hav sent you a pm  yep the new stuf dont last as long

Baldrocker

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 12:08:09 AM »
Good to read about some toerag getting what he deserved right there on the spot, rather than being prosecuted weeks later and let off with some piffling sentence.

The way things go nowadays Bob is lucky if OH&S dont prosecute him
for failing to provide a safe thieving enviroment for the scumbag
br