Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

What can I make from this?

(1/4) > >>

Bernd:
Wife says to me "I have some steel, do you want it?" I say yes.

Yesterday she came home with it in the boot (dam, you guys are getting me to talk the Queens English. That's trunk for us US of A guys :wave:) of her car. I just about had a hernia lifting the so called steel out. Once I get a better look at it I found out it wasn't steel. It was a chunk of cast iron. :jaw:

Here's a pic of it.

53 pounds of a nearly cube piece of cast iron. 6 X 5 3/4 X 5 7/8 inches.

My thought is that it'll will make good cast iron cylinders. I'll use a carbide slitting saw and cut chunks from it. What say ye all?

Bernd

bogstandard:
Bernd,

That bit of scrap iron is no use to you at all, if you send it to me, postage paid, I suppose I could make use of it somewhere.

Can you just tell me what part of your body the sun shines out of.

Bogs

sbwhart:
Bernard

What a great chunk of iron.  :headbang: :headbang:

It would have loads of uses round a machine shop, scrape one side up and use it for marking out plate. Drill and tap a load of holes in another side and use it for clamping things down for machining, and when you not useing it just use it for keeping the door open with it.  :wave:

But what ever you do with it have fun

Cheers

Stew

Rog02:

--- Quote from: Bernd on December 14, 2008, 11:17:15 AM ---I just about had a hernia lifting the so called steel out.
Bernd
--- End quote ---

Just a suggestion for the next time you have to move that thing.  A couple of good C-clamps make a good handle.  The weight isn't so bad as just trying to get a hold of it.

Nice catch!   I just get a box of brushes and a lump of coal for my stocking this year. :(

Bernd:

--- Quote from: bogstandard on December 14, 2008, 12:16:46 PM ---Bernd,

That bit of scrap iron is no use to you at all, if you send it to me, postage paid, I suppose I could make use of it somewhere.

--- End quote ---

Well er, yes I could do that. :scratch:

--- Quote ---Can you just tell me what part of your body the sun shines out of.

Bogs

--- End quote ---

Bogs, this is a family sort of forum. I'm sure you know without having to ask.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version