Author Topic: Practice Amp  (Read 9342 times)

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Practice Amp
« on: May 11, 2008, 11:22:34 PM »
I had to figure out a gift for my brother in-law. Him being someone who likes to play guitar... ALOT! I came across this idea on the web and in a few hours built one myself. I had to do the case on the cheap as it was the night before I needed to give it to him and didn't have a lot of stock... nor am I a wood worker.  ;D He added the labels for gain and volume... I blame him for the ugliness.

I used the schematics for the RUBY from runoff groove. I gotta admit, it sounds very nice. Very Clapton like (even tho I am not a fan). My bro in-law loves it.

Eric
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 01:12:15 AM by Brass_Machine »
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline gary55ford

Re: Practice Amp
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 11:30:54 PM »
Nice knobs did you make them? if you did is that a knurl ? Nice amp my son plays a standup base I might make him one :)

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:37:08 PM »
Nice knobs did you make them? if you did is that a knurl ? Nice amp my son plays a standup base I might make him one :)

Gary,

Nope, those are radioshack specials. I didn't have a knurler yet or I would have made them out of brass to match the amp. There are lots of plans on the runoff groove website. Some more HERE as well. Build him one... He will love it. From what I understand, the custom hand built audio is gaining a lot of momentum. All of his band mates have been begging me to build one.

Eric
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 11:52:16 PM by Brass_Machine »
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline gary55ford

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 11:54:37 PM »
Eric    Thanks for the web sites they look interesting. I have 3 lathes,3 manual knee mills, and a cnc knee mill and a cnc bed mill at work i can use for my hobbies when I have spare time at work, witch is not very often because there are only 2 of us in the automation dept. Me and the kid I am training to take my place when I retire in 3 years.