Author Topic: Gollums cave  (Read 6759 times)

Offline Stumpy

Gollums cave
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:38:51 PM »
Here is a few pictures of my little work shop its a bit of a mess at this moment in time because I'm in the middle of trying to paint a traction engine.  Its not much just a corner of a garage i just pulled the door open to night and run round with the camera for you hope it for fills your needs.

There is a Chester 920 lathe X3 mill with full DRO's and a Denfore Triac CNC mill in there a long with all the normal hand tools not much i know over what some have got but i get things done and im happy with it all.

Stu
If i cant fix it ill know some one that can

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
Re: Gollums cave
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 04:20:53 PM »
Stu,

Very nice,

Thats not a bit of a mess - you should see mine!!
 :beer:
DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline MikeA

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 06:45:14 PM »
Not a mess - functional and being used!

I see what looks like control surfaces for RC airplanes - what about them?

Best,
Mike
'Better is the enemy of good enough!'

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 10:23:48 PM »
Nice shop! Nice set of machines!  :headbang:

Would like to hear more on the CNC  :drool:
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline PekkaNF

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 01:18:36 AM »
That is a really nice shop and well organized too!

How do you manage materials? You said earlier that you use solid (rod/section), you probably have saw of some type?

How do you keep materials from mixing? I have taped a info under a tape when I buy bar material and saw off from the other end, but I think dab of paint in the both ends of rod might be better. Just haven't come up with any good color coding.

Pekka

Offline Stumpy

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 05:33:24 PM »
This bit for you BrassMachine

My mill is a convert to mach3 with full home and limits switches, variable speed spindle with rpm feed back iv got it up to 3500 rpm but I'm unsure how much more i can push that motor before it gives up but as we stand my VDF is set at 135hz and all seems well for the time being nothing is getting worm I'm still winding it up a bit more every time i do a big job I'm aiming for about 5000 rpm and on top of this there is a full auto lube system in there that comes on when ever the spindle is running.  Iv all so added a Noga spray/mister witch I'm trying to find a relay and air valve fir that i can control from the PC as it all done by a ball valve that i have to move by hand witch is a bit of a bind as if your running a short program and it ends it will just sit there and blow oil all over the shop when im sweeping the yard say so i have to rush back.

I'm running a Coventry quick change tool system and I'm very happy with the system but i don't use the tool libery in mach as i have to move my cutters about some times and i use all carbide cutters.

hope that is of some use to you if there is more you would like to know do ask but whats your mill and cool things i might like to copy. Ill add a few pics of the screen mount i made.

All my stock is just in linbins i use to have all kinds of unknown stock but one day i was trying to do something and had no idea what steel i was using because it was just stuff i found here and there so i put the lot in a scrap bin and sort of standardised my stock. one or to types of steel 2 types of alloy and same with brass and so on.  Yes i have a band saw its a cheap in port finger trapping pain in the rear no matter what i do it all ways kicks the blade of the day it burns to the ground ill be happy to go and get a new one.

Man you boys have some good eyes on you. Yes that's a RC plane iv been flying for years most of it has been in heil's but i all ways have a few planes about just for a change I'm not really a scale flying type I'm all 3D not for some i know but i enjoy it.

If i cant fix it ill know some one that can

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 03:53:26 PM »
Very nice setup!
SPiN Racing