Author Topic: D.T.I fix  (Read 5267 times)

Offline krv3000

D.T.I fix
« on: February 03, 2013, 06:28:24 PM »
hi all had sum time in me workshop today so i got on with this job in all the dti is in good order as you will see by the pics it needed a new back making so i had a rummage and got a nice bit of brass to do the job as you will see their is a hole in the part that will become the back this will be sorted out when the bracket gos on the back i marked out the disk then cut it out and ruff it out to shape then i put sum stock in me chuck and fast this off then with sum super glue and me running center stuck the disc to the stock then turned dawn the OD right pics

Offline Meldonmech

Re: D.T.I fix
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 03:14:39 PM »
Hi
     This is going to be much stronger job, a worth while mod, good luck with the mount.

Cheers David

Offline micktoon

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »
 Well Done Bob , another tool saved from the scrap bin and it will be better than it before it broke  :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

Keep up the goos work ,
  Cheers Mick.

Offline Fredbare

• Fakenham, Norfolk
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 05:55:31 PM »
Thanks for sharing Bob, another fine piece of re-cycling.

John

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 04:49:44 PM »
the nex thing was to put a reses in the back i did this by modifiing me parting of blade then i spoted the origenel fixing holes and drilld them 2.1 mm then cawnter sunk shud of dun a beter job of that bit all is left to do is the bracet  right pics 

Offline BiggerHammer

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 06:57:10 PM »
Very nice repair job there. Another damaged tool SAVED from the scrap heap.  :clap:

Offline krv3000

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:48:44 PM »
hi last bit i made the bracket that gose on the back drilld and tapt in the botom m2 this will hold it in place while being solderd together i drilld the fixing pont m6 then fild it  then a good ploish all dun right pics