Author Topic: Parcel2go and ebay auctions where collect in person  (Read 3618 times)

Offline bry1975

• http://www.satintime.co.uk
Parcel2go and ebay auctions where collect in person
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:33:12 AM »
Hi chaps,

So have any of you tried the online courier firm parcel2go with ebay purchases where the seller won't send the item due to weight or size?

Bry

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
Re: Parcel2go and ebay auctions where collect in person
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 05:06:00 AM »
Provided the seller is willing to box the item up, and accept a courier, then I've had no problems. Where the item is impractical to box or the seller just plain doesn't want to do it, then one ends up just having to accept a drive out...

I usually box stuff I sell, but there have been a couple of instances where that was impractical - e.g. I sold three complete HP1000 computer systems - 2 of which were 2x 5ft racks, the 3rd was a single rack which I'm sure was made of depleted uranium, judging by its weight. No way was I boxing that lot up!
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline JimM

• Chessington, Surrey
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 03:03:06 AM »
Bry, I've done this more times than I can remember and can't fault Parcel2Go's service, their 'live help' service has been great on the couple of times I have had to use it.

You do need to make sure the seller has a printer as they HAVE to attach a label to the parcel (I normally just email them a PDF of the label) otherwise you need to print it out yourself and post them a copy 

I do have one proviso though, always use the DHL option as the carrier, the one time I tried HDNL it was a nightmare !!

HTH

Jim

Offline bry1975

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »
Thanks for the advice Jim,

Just sent my second parcel with P2GO via DHL haven't had any real problems yet only a customs delay when sending out to Asia.

Bry

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 12:19:57 PM »
I've used HDNL, DHL, Fedex, ParcelFarce & UPS (the first 4 through P2G) and, touch wood, no problems with any of them so far. I've also received parcels via all of those, again, no probs (except for HDNL's delivery window being something like 7am to 8pm.... means a bloody long day in the office)
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline bry1975

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 01:09:52 PM »
Sounds like HDNL have a LONG day!  I know when I was delivering nationwide first delivery would be about 6.45am and the last could well be 8 or 9pm that's when I did the West country run and started around 4am.

Bry