Author Topic: Be Carefull When Asking For Advice!  (Read 6151 times)

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Be Carefull When Asking For Advice!
« on: July 06, 2011, 10:06:26 PM »
Hi all

While reading another forum I found this. It's a Jeep forum and you have to read the original post and the very first reply!!!!!!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/96-jeep-cherokee-need-opinions-1149721/

I just had to share it with you.  :lol: :lol:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Be Carefull When Asking For Advice!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:06:08 PM »
Classic! Spend some time reading this ONE. Make sure you start at post 1 and read to at least post 35 or so....
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »
Nice one Don  :thumbup:

I now have to clean the drink off the protable that I stryed it with laughing.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   :lol:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Chuck in E. TN

• USAF Retired
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 03:27:28 PM »
That was great! Too bad the op didn't have a rebuttal...
I have one of those great wives, that used to work right along side me, in remodeling, gardening, splitting wood, hinting, fishing, what ever I was doing. But, now her health keeps her from 'helping' very much, but I'll keep her.

Chuck in E. TN
Chuck in E. TN
Famous TN last words: "Hey ya'll, watch this..."
MicroMark 7x14, HF X2 mill, Green 4x6 saw. Harbor Freight 170A mig

Offline PekkaNF

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 02:00:34 PM »
Classic! Spend some time reading this ONE. Make sure you start at post 1 and read to at least post 35 or so....

That is good one. Got me thinking. It's really silly when there are different conflicting products under same brand. Think if Coke would go from sugar water to fuel additives and someone would drink it! Good thing that the guy poured the energy drink on the gas tank and not fuel additive into his throat, with that kind of branding and marketing both are likely scenarios. Although I must confess that I think he was silly: 1) tried to use fuel additive on the first place, 2) Put energy drink on the gas tank.

I just bloody hate how shampoos and conditioners are marked. The brand and all marketing lies are on very big letters, but you need frigging microscope to differentiate between shampoo bottle and endless arrays of conditioners, moisturizes, hair removers etc. There should be an international standard that dictates that medicines, hygenie products and generally any product that you are likely to use without wearing glasses (like in the shower......) needs to have plain descriptive and generic name on big, clear letters. like SOAP. HAIR SHAMPOO, BODY SOAP, HAIR REMOVER, TOOTH PASTE, BUN CREAM and containers should be shape coded, like shampoo bottles allways round, conditioners oval and dangerous and unnecessary beauty products square.....

If I ever again make and innocent mistake with shampoo or toothpaste to any other product that might lie in the bathroom (and I am bombed  with them... wife and a daughter....say no more) I am going to strangle the AD and find the ceo of the company and showe the whole product line down his/hers head!

Pekka

Offline Ronkh

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »
now her health keeps her from 'helping' very much, but I'll keep her.

Chuck in E. TN

Sweet! :thumbup:
Just me!

Offline Cliff

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 10:44:16 PM »
I had one of those wife's that helped me in what ever i did and supported me in it and now due to health issues she has passed on and I still miss her even after three years. Cliff

Offline allanchrister

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 04:40:07 AM »
Different shapes of containers would be a good idea.  I also hate it when they put toothpaste and shaving cream in similar squeeze tubes. The stuff looks similar too.....:doh:

Offline snoopdog

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 05:51:54 PM »
Iv seen that post before but I would sell my woman to the man who hauled the piece of crap jeep off of my property.

Jeeps are for mechanics that want to fix their rigs every day and a few times a day when in use.

I like toyota, we just put gas in them and replace tires when they get bald. Nothing like a jeep. It will drive around a stuck jeep and pull it out when stuck though.

Offline Davo J

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »
That was a well thought out response. :clap: :lol:
I thought it was so good I passed it onto some other forums, so you will see the link their as well.

Dave

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 01:39:55 PM »
sound like he has been bitten by the kind of woman he is accusing her of being. I totally get where he is coming from though. Kinda describing my first wife who was more interested in spending money on clothes for her, jewellery for her and basically anything as long as it was for her.
Had to travel all the way up to Fife to find a good one  :D
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.
https://myshedblog.wordpress.com/