Author Topic: More bits  (Read 5539 times)

Offline mechman48

More bits
« on: August 06, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »
 :wave:
Some more stuff for your delectation.

Indexable tip fly cutter purchased from Chronos a long time ago (usual disclaimer)

Home made brazing & soldering hearth, bought a couple of cheapo firebricks, fabricated the carrier, nice 'n' easy to move around & store away.

HSS tool steel that I'm using as parallels ranging ing from 1/2" down to 1/8" (I also use some old dies too,I may have posted pics of these earlier?)

Also using bright drawn steel as parallels, I had scraped them to within 002" parallelism & flatness using my plate glass surface plate & engineers blue( have to keep my hand in with some of the old skills  :dremel:), by the way most of the pics show some brown 'stuff', rest assured its grease not rust ...apart from the angle plate, had to protect them over the years stored in a damp garage ::)

More later bfn

George.

Always look on the bright side of life, & remember.. KISS..' Keep It Simple Stupid'

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
Re: More bits
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 04:47:14 PM »
I thought the second picture was the start of a chair with no legs until I read the description   :bang: :lol:

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 05:12:23 PM »
I thought the second picture was the start of a chair with no legs until I read the description   :bang: :lol:

You are not alone Chris. I thought the things on the side were to hold the toilet paper. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 :beer:
DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline mechman48

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 03:14:31 PM »
Nice sense of humor guys  :thumbup: never really looked at it that way but now that you mention it, Hmmmm let me work on it  :scratch:
Cheers
Mechman
George.

Always look on the bright side of life, & remember.. KISS..' Keep It Simple Stupid'

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »
Mechman,

Don't mind me, just keep the pics comming :thumbup:

:beer:
DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)