Author Topic: E books Metal spinning, 2 books  (Read 9609 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
E books Metal spinning, 2 books
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:22:11 AM »
Even if you don't have an e reader, you can make use of these books. Either in PDF or online. But if you want to start collecting an ebook library. I suggest that you download this free software calibre It has a built in e viewer That is great along with all its other features, Including supporting numerous other languages and locations for downloading of books in the native languages.

Metal Spinning MACHINERY'S REFERENCE SERIES The Industrial Pres, New York, 1912
It is from internet archive, if you haven't used one of the numerous sites you will find them easy to use. The downloadable formats are on the left side towards the top edge.

What I found interesting in this book and the following one, are the equipment, tools and action required to spin metal. Haven't changed much since this book was published. Other then the centers and chucks are much improved.

METAL SPINNING BY PROF. FRED D. CRAWSHAW CHICAGO, POPULAR MECHANICS CO., 1909,

This is also from the internet archive, another complete explanation along with some different ideas on how it should be done.

I will say at this time the illustrations may not appear in order, or there placement in the text is different then the regular text. Also The OCR software used to convert the scanned pages to the assorted formats doesn't do a good job on all printed page. Line drawings and and some illustrations come across great others not so well. Then some have additional editing after the conversion, I haven't found anything that I haven't been able to figure out.

The only other thing about e readers is they don't do PDF's well.

There are about 15/20 different brands formats and prices. You can go to Best Buy and do side to side comparisons of a lot of them. Also I have since learned that Wally World has them and in the Midwest area Meijers super stores is selling them.
I have the Kindle, and so far the biggest dislike I have with it is no touch screen, since I must have been spoiled by what little use I use my stupid phone!

I have used it for about 12/13 hours since I got it, and am very happy to have something that can stores lots of choices for reading in the doctors offices.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline CallMeAl

• I came, I saw, I wondered how to do it!
Re: E books Metal spinning, 2 books
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 01:05:25 PM »
Thanks for the links.  I have tried a little metal spinning, but never carried on with it.  I will read these links and maybe try it again.  I want to make some velocity stacks for the carbs on my languishing XS 650 bobber project.

Al
I skin cats my own way!