Author Topic: Modifying a Dockside Switcher  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
Modifying a Dockside Switcher
« on: November 16, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »
I've been goofing off and morking on my train stuff, my first hobby. Since I've rebuilt the shop I now have some work bench space that is actually useful. So I got out some of my railroad stuff that I had started a long time ago, and I mean long time ago, and started working on it again. Yes Don I'll get back to the Shay, one of these days.  :palm:

Anyway, I model in HO, scale 3.5MM=1 foot, and O Scale, .250" = 1 foot, plus On30, that means the track width is 30" or narrow gauge. So this here is a little switcher that would be used on the docks to load and unload a car ferry.

Here's a link that explains with many pictures the Bronx Terminal. In it you'll see a box cab diesel that is similar to the model I'm modding. It was four wheel trucks were mine has just two axels. As far as I know there has never been a prototype of this engine.

This modification will take it from what used to be a rubber band drive to a gear drive wheel arrangement.

Here are a few pcis of the start of the project.

If you want to follow my progress and explinations of what I'm doing then go HERE. As you can see I'm reviving some other projects from long ago, plus I'll be adding a few more in the weeks to come.

I'll post the highlights here and won't go into any great detail as to the how's and why. You can follow that on the website if you wish.

Should have more pics up by the weekend.

Bernd
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:08:43 PM by Bernd »
Route of the Black Diamonds