Author Topic: wouldnt it be nice?  (Read 2497 times)

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
wouldnt it be nice?
« on: December 22, 2011, 02:23:02 PM »
I have a metal supermarket in my town and thought how nice it would be for christmas if instead of unwanted socks, smellies, slippers etc I could get my nearest and dearest to buy vouchers to purchase metals instead.
Looked on their site and it seems they dont do them but I think they are missing out on a potential gold mine here.
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.
https://myshedblog.wordpress.com/

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Re: wouldnt it be nice?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 02:43:19 PM »
I think the only problem that I can for see with your idea, is most females idea regarding metals. The cost at the the current prices, the only kind they would likely pay for is of the precious metals variety, that would fit on a finger, around the neck, or dangling from ear lobes!
Years ago I won a door prize drawing of assorted rounds and square stock of brass, aluminum, and steel A very nice bundle worth about $80.00 USD When the wifey asked what it was and I told her her response was For that little amount of metal. They are thief's  :bugeye:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   :thumbup:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline sparky961

Re: wouldnt it be nice?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »
Cold hard cash is always nice.... :)

Or maybe pawn off that new electric razor since you've decided shaving is a waste of valuable shop time?  Maybe just surreptitiously turn down the heat by 2 to 20 degrees C and use the money saved to buy material and tools.  You could sell your fridge for some extra cash because your beer (and other non-essentials) would stay cold in the living room.

Joking aside, Metal Supermarkets is good but horrendously expensive for what you get (at least on this side of the pond).  Try to get friendly with a local shop that you can purchase full lengths or one that lets you go shopping (unlikely for free) in their scrap bin.  That way your better half doesn't wake you up with her shrill scream of shock when she goes for a midnight bathroom break and sits on an ice cold throne....

-Sparky