Author Topic: What Happened To My Avatar?  (Read 5609 times)

Offline snub

• Canada
What Happened To My Avatar?
« on: December 31, 2011, 12:27:12 AM »
If you look to the left you will see my avatar. But somebody/something has changed it. I thought maybe I had a few too many one night and added the colors, but looking at my pictures on my computer I can only find the original version as seen below. Perhaps some Countries flag colors were overlayed on it? Since I live in Canada they should only be red and white.

That being said, I really don't care if it gets corrected. It looks o.k.. I'm just curious.

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: What Happened To My Avatar?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 12:53:29 AM »
That is odd.

I can assure you I didn't change it. Probably what has happened is some corruption in the server move. You want me to put it back?

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline snub

• Canada
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 02:33:41 AM »
No, it's good. I was just wondering how it could have changed. It's more colorful this way.

Thanks!!

Offline Anzaniste

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 07:51:20 AM »
It's really odd because all I see of Snub's atavar is a small blue box with a question mark in it!! Should it make difference because I am viewing on an iPad?
Scrooby, 1 mile south of Gods own County.

Offline hermetic

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
Hi Guys, what you could be looking at is the way different browser software renders the images and the way the colors are embedded in the html. Is it a jpeg, or another format? Also to OP did it appear correctly at first then change?
Phil.
Man who says it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?

Offline snub

• Canada
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »
Phil, the image did appear correctly at first, then changed a few months later.

The image started life as a 'PNG', then I altered it and saved it as a 'bitmap'.

Offline Deko

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 02:39:12 PM »
Hi Snub
            All i get on yours, and many others, is a small box with a little red X in it. I like to think that you are all very good at first-aid. :dremel:  <(well that could be a syringe he is holding ). :doh:    As i do'nt know how to put all that kind of stuff on here, i do'nt have a problem. :scratch:

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
Check to see if your avatar still shows up in your profile. Put your cursor over the "Profile" at the top of the page and click on "Forum Profile". You should see your avatar in the upper right of the page. If not upload it again from your computer.

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds