Author Topic: Wright Patterson Air Force Museum Virtual Tour  (Read 3804 times)

Rob.Wilson

Wright Patterson Air Force Museum Virtual Tour
« on: January 16, 2012, 05:14:25 PM »
Came across this on THSM forum   ,,,, very cool http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/full/tour-pkg.html 

Rob

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Re: Wright Patterson Air Force Museum Virtual Tour
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 05:20:18 PM »
But do they show were the little green people and ufo parts from Roswell are stored!  Legend has it that is the base were they have all the cool stuff in storage till the egg heads figure it out or reverse engineer it.  :scratch:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:24:28 PM »
 :lol: :lol: haven't seen any yet Glen

Just looking at the gondola  that crazy yank  Joseph Kittinger did the highest sky dive from   :med:

Rob

Offline 75Plus

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 06:11:50 PM »
One of my favorite destinations. You can go there every day for a week and find something different on each day.

Many of the exhibits post the acquisition price. The largest bomber we had in WWII, the Boeing B-29, was priced under 3/4 of a million dollars!  I think that was around 1/2 million Brit. pounds.

Joe

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:00:41 PM »
Wow, what a show! Thanks for posting, Rob. Google Street View could learn a thing or two from that presentation.

Joe, in 1945 USD750,000 would only buy you a bit less than UKP200,000; there were about 4 dollars to the pound. Back then, a pound was divided into 240 pence and there was a coin called "half a crown" worth 30 pence. or 1/8 of a pound.  It went out with decimalisation in 1971, but until then was colloquially known as "half a dollar", an expression which probably came from US servicemen over here during WWII.

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short