Author Topic: Pinging Bogstandard  (Read 5218 times)

Offline crankshafter

Pinging Bogstandard
« on: January 19, 2009, 05:56:36 PM »
Hello Bogs. :wave:
Ok so it is here you are hiding :) If you remember I post you some advice over at HMEM about your problem with the threading dial on your new lathe.
How did the threads turn out? Just wondering :scratch:
best regards
Crankshafter

bogstandard

Re: Pinging Bogstandard
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »
Hi Crankshafter,

I have been hiding here for a couple of months, sticking my nose in and being a general PITA as usual. But not doing much on the build side as yet, but I will get there.

The lathe has been in constant use (when I can get onto it) doing other things, and it has turned out great.
I now understand all the workings of the threading side, but have not yet had chance to try it out.

I have a couple of plans for a retracting toolpost holder, and I am going to take the best bits from each one and make one to my own design (it is already in my head, just got to get it down onto paper), and it will retract for both internal and external threads. So until that is made, I don't really want to try the threading out, as it is a PITA having to have the halfnuts permanently engaged for all of the imperial threads.

Give it a few months, and I might just get it onto my to-do list.

Make yourself welcome and have a good look around.

Bogs

Offline crankshafter

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:42:33 AM »
Hi Crankshafter,

I have been hiding here for a couple of months, sticking my nose in and being a general PITA as usual. But not doing much on the build side as yet, but I will get there.

The lathe has been in constant use (when I can get onto it) doing other things, and it has turned out great.
I now understand all the workings of the threading side, but have not yet had chance to try it out.

I have a couple of plans for a retracting toolpost holder, and I am going to take the best bits from each one and make one to my own design (it is already in my head, just got to get it down onto paper), and it will retract for both internal and external threads. So until that is made, I don't really want to try the threading out, as it is a PITA having to have the halfnuts permanently engaged for all of the imperial threads.

Give it a few months, and I might just get it onto my to-do list.

Make yourself welcome and have a good look around.

Bogs
Good to see you are sticking your nose in :bugeye: Bogs . We miss you at the HMEM(most of us) :). But this forum seems to take off a bit so I will visit here more often.
I have had a project going on for a while, building a Upshure Twin 4-cycle engine. Hope that I can fire it up in a week or two.
Regards CS

Offline rleete

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 09:48:39 AM »
We miss you at the HMEM (most of us).

Actually, Bog's posts are the reason I joined here (can you hold him responsible?).  His easy to read how to posts and clear pictures made me want more (just watch his head swell now!).  When I discovered he left HMEM, I did a search and this place popped up.

While my current focus is engines - hence HMEM - I also like the variety of stuff I see here.
Creating scrap, one part at a time

bogstandard

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 12:18:52 PM »
Thank you for your support, and it is appreciated, but it isn't one person that makes a site but the whole membership.

I tried to hide on one of my old model boat sites, but Bernd even found me there.

I think you might be in for a bit of a surprise, because as I tried to explain on HMEM, I have had to take it very easy for the last few months, and I am only just starting to get back to how I was. So no major contributions yet, but the other members are doing some great stuff, and well worth a look and comment, or even join in if you want to.

There is enough room on the web for both sites, so I am sure each of you have enough input for both.

Give it a few more months, and if my progress goes as I am planning, I should then be up to my normal nasty habits. :D

Bogs

Offline John-Som

• Start Model Engineering
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »
Hello Crankshafter

Good to see you found your way here CS. How is your Upshure Twin progressing. I am sure the guys on here would like to hear about your build progress, with photographs of course. You must be getting close to firing her up by now ?

John S
start-model-engineering.co.uk - a friendly place for model engineering beginners

Offline crankshafter

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 05:00:49 PM »
Hello Crankshafter

Good to see you found your way here CS. How is your Upshure Twin progressing. I am sure the guys on here would like to hear about your build progress, with photographs of course. You must be getting close to firing her up by now ?

John S
Hello John S
Some weeks since I have seen you at the HMEM.
I have been lurking at this forum for a while, and now it seems like there is going to take of here. good to see you and Bogs are here :beer:.
I have to tell you my 5th grand child was born one of the first days of the new year, a little girl :clap:
The Upshure Twin is gaining progress, working whit the carb. and ignition at the time. So after I get back from the Canary Island, maybee it will prrrrrrrrrrrrr- put-put ::)

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 08:18:34 PM »
Give it a few more months, and if my progress goes as I am planning, I should then be up to my normal nasty habits. :D

Bogs

Now that's scary.  :bugeye: Thanks for the warning.  :D

What you said is true about all the members but one always sticks out. And I don't mean your tummy. I now know you like "jammy donuts".  :)

INCOMING, DUCK!

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds