Author Topic: change wheel selection  (Read 20372 times)

Offline Raggle

• In Memoriam
  • Newtown, Powys, Mid-Wales
Re: change wheel selection
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 12:57:05 PM »
Belated apologies for my mistake  -  should have reread the original post  :doh:

Ray
still turning handles  -  usually the wrong way

Offline steamman

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »
Hi Dave as you are dealing with an older Lathe you are probably not aware that older machines used a different "pressure angle" it was 14.5 degrees more modern machines used 20 degree pressure angle this slightly altered  the dimensions . Most modern day suppliers offer 20 degree  but can make 14.5 degree at a much higher cost or even when they have enough orders to do a batch.The gears I have are all 20 degree  angle & 14DP which are slightly larger than yours,they are cast iron and are 30 teeth x2,40teeth x1,45teethx2,46teethx2,55teethx1,and65 teeth x1 .They are .500" wide ,5/8 " bore  and most come with driving pins making for easier compounding.I live in North East England(Northumberland)  about 16 miles from Newcastle on Tyne.The cost of these gears if any use to you would be £70.00. I can arrange  carraige extra  at about £ 15.Please let me know ASAP as another modeller is also interested.Thanks Ernie

Offline DavidA

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »
Ernie,

If these gears are all the same pressure angle they should be fine.
The price is right and, Diesel prices being what they are, it would be cheaper for you to send them than it would be for me to come and collect,  even though I am only in Keighley,  West Yorkshire.

Could you message me on how you want payment etc.

Thanks,

Dave.

Offline steamman

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 08:43:47 AM »
Hi  Dave you could send me a cheque which would be fine,while the cheque clears I shall arrange a courier I might be able to cut down on the cost to you although they are heavy! if so I will return any excess to you with the gears.If you can send the  cheque along with your Address and contact details so I can keep you notified,

Thanks Ernie

Edited by a mod to remove personal information, please keep phone numbers and full addresses in PM's, it keeps you safer from anyone trying to steal identities.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:04:55 AM by spuddevans »

Offline Bluechip

• Madmodder Committee
  • Derbyshire UK
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »
DON'T PUT YOUR DETAILS on the NET !!!!!!!!

You'll have all manner of grief >>>

Use a PM

BC

I have a few modest talents. Knowing what I'm doing isn't one of them.

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 09:08:48 AM »
DON'T PUT YOUR DETAILS on the NET !!!!!!!!

You'll have all manner of grief >>>

Use a PM

BC

Very well put BC :thumbup:

I took the liberty of editing out the address and phone number. It is never the best thing to put one's full address and phone numbers on a public forum, remember that folks dont have to be a member here to read the messages, you wouldn't know who's out there  :loco:

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline steamman

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »
How do I do that  send a PM? I have never used this before.

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »
How do I do that  send a PM? I have never used this before.

If you look to the left of any of the messages on the forum, below the Username and Avatar and country/flags and below any personal text written there, you will see a number of little icons.

One looks like a little person's torso and head ( if you click that it will take you to their profile) then there could be one that looks like a little planet earth (this is a link to the person's website, so if they havent got a website then this will not appear ) next  to that is a little envelope (for emailing the person) and then next to that is the one we want, the one that looks like a little speech bubble, this is for Personal Messaging the person, kind of like an internal email system if you like. Click on that and then write your message, safe in the knowledge that what you write is not viewable by anyone but the recipient.

Hope this helps,

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline DavidA

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »
Thanks for watching Ernie's back.

As mentioned,  It is NEVER a good idea to put your Email address,  home address or any phone numbers on the web.
There are some very strange people out there.

Dave

Offline steamman

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 07:57:15 PM »
Thanks for your concerns I shall remember in future,however how is a non Member allowed to view members posts?Perhaps the Moderators of this site can explain? Thanks in  antisipation Ernie.

Offline Dean W

• My kingdom for a lathe!
    • Projects web pages
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 11:24:56 PM »
Thanks for your concerns I shall remember in future,however how is a non Member allowed to view members posts?
The same way you were able to read the forum before you joined, Ernie.  The forum can be read by anyone out there who is surfing the internet.  They just can't put questions or comments on the forum until they become a member.   However, if you send someone a PM (personal message), no one else can see it except the person who sent it, and the person who receives it.  That's why folks have said to only send personal info in a PM.  So all us other whackos can't see it.  : ) 
Dean W.

Shop Projects:
http://www.deansphotographica.com/machining/projects/projects.html

Praise the Lord and pass the Carbide!

Offline Bluechip

• Madmodder Committee
  • Derbyshire UK
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 02:44:29 AM »
Thanks for your concerns I shall remember in future,however how is a non Member allowed to view members posts?Perhaps the Moderators of this site can explain? Thanks in  antisipation Ernie.

Ernie,

Just log out of the site, then you will appear to the site as a Guest.

What you can access then is what the whole world can see.

BC
I have a few modest talents. Knowing what I'm doing isn't one of them.