Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Jadecy

Hello all
« on: January 23, 2009, 01:18:34 PM »
I see a few familiar faces here. I've been on a few other boards from time to time. I usually don't have too much to say but will respond where I feel I can help.

I am a computer programmer with a degree in electrical engineering technology degree (I haven't used that degree too much other than for basic stuff for myself). I'm an industrial arts junky with skills in MIG and TIG welding, engine rebuilding, sheet metal repair, machining, etc. My two car garage is packed to the gills with equipment and assorted items such as racing karts, mini motorcycles, bridgeport mill, air compressor, lathe, hydraulic press, .... I told you I was hooked on this stuff right?

I recently started a business and was a vendor at Cabin Fever this year. I should be at NAMES in Toledo. I enjoy working on just about anything mechanical and have done many repairs for the neighborhood kids and adults. The machining part is fairly new to me. I've been doing it for about 2 years now and have built a model diesel called the MLA-17 (all bar stock from plans) and  a little flame eater (Philip Duclos plans). I'm working toward designing some kits and plans. I'll try to post some pictures later.

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 01:31:16 PM »
Hi

Welcome to the Mad house  :wave: it would be good if you could posy a few photos of your projects.

Were always interested in new things here

Cheers
 :wave:
Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have all the stuff ready to go, and have already started doing some cool stuff!  :dremel:
SPiN Racing

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 03:33:19 PM »
Weclome Jadecy,

Are you the one that had the 4 cylinder engine that you started for me? I do remember it ran on propane. Also you pointed out were Tin and Philjoe was. Sorrry, I'm a bit bad when it comes to remembering names.

Anyway from your intro it looks like you'll fit in here without any problems and as many of the members would say:  :worthless: , but do start a new thread in the appropriate board so we can find a particular thread easier.

Again welcome and lets see some pics. :headbang:

Regards,
Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 05:45:35 PM »
I see you found us!

Welcome to the club. It sounds like you have all the right stuff in your garage. It was great talking to you at the show.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Jadecy

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 10:37:30 PM »
That was me at Cabin Fever with the swash plate four cylinder that ran on propane. It is made by Maier in Germany. It definitely is interesting.

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 10:13:19 AM »
Ok, now I can put a face with the name. Thanks.

Bernd

bogstandard

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 03:17:40 AM »
Welcome J,

Sorry it is a bit late, been up to my a**e in a project.

You sure do turn out some lovely stuff, can't wait to see what you get up to next.

Bogs

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 03:27:31 AM »
Hi Jadecy  :wave:

I've got a crappy excuse for being so late to say hi.... I've been having fun down the pub  :)

I've not been scouring the site this weekend....Just a few bits...  I'll have to have a go later and see what's been going on  :coffee:

Have fun, and be careful, there's a  :proj:  epidemic starting on out there!!!

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 08:56:09 AM »

I've got a crappy excuse for being so late to say hi.... I've been having fun down the pub  :)

Ralph.

I know this is  :offtopic: , but I just can't resist.

:lol:                 :lol:                     :lol:                         :lol:                            :lol:

If you don't watch out there Ralph with all that having fun down at the pub you just might wind up with a SWMBO and then all your shop time will be gone and we'll never see on here again.

Best regards,
Bernd

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 10:51:18 AM »
Awww HELL NO!!!!  ( I believe that's a perfectly acceptable universal phrase ?)

I don't drink alcohol (just go to put the world to rights with the lads and play pool) Women rarely come near the pool table (not the nice looking ones anyway!)

And not being drunk I can fend off the advances of a less than attractive drunken woman, well if I think she wants more than just my body that is  :lol: 

Quite  :offtopic: Sorry Jadecy.

Ralph.

I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline Jadecy

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 05:10:27 PM »
No worries! I just pop in here every now and again for a break. I think it is good we can chat a bit. Chatting never stays on topic. I prefer the chatting stays out of the serious project and questions but here is just fine in my opinion.