Author Topic: Finished project: tiny arcade machine!  (Read 5636 times)

Offline Andrewsj2

Finished project: tiny arcade machine!
« on: February 26, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »
I finished building my own mini 2-player mortal kombat arcade machine and just wanted to show it off! I wll be making another video detailing how I made it and such so check back on YouTube.

Any thought on what I should build next?? Let me know!

-Jon

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:58:33 AM by Brass_Machine »

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Finished project: tiny arcade machine!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 09:58:03 AM »
Hi!

1st, welcome to the collective :borg: Stop by the Intros and tell us a little about yourself.

That is a cool looking machine (I was addicted to Mortal Kombat as a teen). I would very much like to see build details on it.

As far as what next? What are your interests? What tools do you have at your disposal? I have a lot of ideas!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Andrewsj2

Re: Finished project: tiny arcade machine!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome and comments! I'll check out the intros section!

As far as build details go, I scaled down an actual MK arcade cabinet using ms paint and excel, and designed how I was going to incorporate all of the components inside the cabinet minimizing dead/wasted space as much as I could.
I had seen other people make tiny arcade machines, including a mini MK arcade, but hadn't seen too much in terms of a two-player machine, so I decided to give it a go and it turned out real well!
The cabinet runs off of two plug and play versions of the original MK arcade game, so it includes the fatalities and blood, but has subtle changes in background graphics and music. Overall, it's pretty true to the arcade version of the game, very fun to play against others.

-Jon