Author Topic: Roller stands  (Read 5222 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Roller stands
« on: February 27, 2012, 08:03:32 AM »
Wifey, has been living in her computer chair since, she became a Facebook Farmville zombie, after the job was terminated a couple of years ago. Since she has health issues, her executive chair has worn out,and she was compounding back/hip problems. To help matters she started using an old desk chair that I had rebuilt 15 years ago, be fore we got the better executives ones about 6 years.  Had a couple of the $39.99 ones from the big box offices stores in between.
Well till I find a couple of solid chairs she is using mine and I'm using hers.
What to do with the old desk chair as it was beyond use any more.

desk chair
I thought that since I have started redoing the basement work area, having gotten out of the manufacturing of cage bird play toys. Having a rolling stand for items is nice were you can move equipment around.

Cushions removed

Basic base with 4 mounting holes, you can add want you need from this.

I cut the back and arms off the frame, and remounted it it was the perfect size for a tool box holder. You can also cut the screw shaft in half and add a 1"inside dia tube pipe to raise it up higher. This set of caster will be made into a mechanics seat. Since my 25 year old import snapped in half last week, while putting disks and breaks on the wifey's car.

This is what it looks like currently. The two caster sets we now have on the chairs will be converted in to one like this. It is a heavier,larger base.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Re: Roller stands
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:09:46 PM »
Here is the wife's bead box finished roller stand, rollers is an old office/computer chair base. The panel is birch ply with oak trim to keep the box from sliding off. Stained light oak, box is my old Sherline machine tooling box,m since the new one for her beading toys didn't hold it all!

With box on top.
Now she can move it around and adjust the height so she can work out of it with out a lot of nonsense. :thumbup:
Meaning me moving it to where she wants it! :clap:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline krv3000

Re: Roller stands
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 05:30:03 AM »
well dun i like that