Author Topic: Stuck Collet Chuck Arbor  (Read 66266 times)

Rob.Wilson

Re: Stuck Collet Chuck Arbor
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: looks like your well set up  :dremel:

Rob :)

Offline ukazak

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »
thank you dave, but, It kind of hurts, when you get chewed by the guys you look up to... I am not some kind of hoodlum, to make anybody mad at.
Just, simply ignore me.
frm now on, I will just sit and watch. try to learn and dont ask!

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 05:52:38 PM »
Ukazak
That is a nice shop you have :thumbup:
It is a shame you can not get some practical help
John

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 06:06:50 PM »
Ukazak,

Come on mate please don't do that, just carry on as you were doing. Don't let just two comments get to you.

Sometimes these things do happen - they shouldn't but sadly they do.

Please stay and ask whatever you like, opinions and advice will always be given in a heplful manner, and some members will have to realise whether you accept or use any advice is up to you.

So is everything OK

:beer:
DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline ukazak

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 06:40:17 PM »
Thank you, Rob, Dave and John, Mr. Fergus and all.
Dave you are always welcome, any time. we'll find a place for your jumbo,
Ron, I have 2.5mX3m room for a workshop right next o living room. I could go down to garage but, I like everthing under my hand and easy access because sometime 3Am in the morning, I get up and do some work till the sun up. all in my pjamas...
and kids can come in and ask for help for their science homework, wife, mumbles about the chips in my coffee mug. when I start machining, they just turn up the music louder. so we all are happy family. kids love the little machines, my wife looks at them as she was looking at a piece of jewlery.
John, I have almost everything I need in that little shop. it wasnt easy to gather them at all. I had to order every single piece of tooling from abroad, hassling custums and all. (if I was to avoid cheap Chinese stuff) last time I had a drill bit bended in L shape. that was the last thing I ever bought from shopping mal's harware store.
we dont have specialized stores like you have it there.  (Thanks God!)

Offline ukazak

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »
Mr Wilson, here are the two engines I made, pictures you ask.. just dont anybody laugh! in one day, I can only take so much!

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 06:54:58 PM »
Ukazak
Nothing to laugh about there :clap:  :clap:
Did you work from plans or just build them
Nice to see you using a non digital vernier (lots of people can not read one)
John

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 07:05:27 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Two mighty fine looking engines you have built there Ukazak  :thumbup: 

I built Elmer's Fancy a few years back  :dremel: 

Rob

Offline DaveH

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2012, 08:11:51 PM »
Ukazak,

Well a couple of very nice engines and very well made as well  :thumbup: :clap:

DaveH

Offline ukazak

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »
Thank you,
Those are my first and second, I work them from plans. It was all in inches which I am not custom to, but I converted them to metrics by help of calculator.
When I get enough confidence, I like one of those, horizantal Mill or Factory engines to make, but I gather, they are more complicated, valfs and all. I started to study the plans and converting to metrics.
kind regards,
unal

Offline Ronkh

« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2012, 01:59:09 AM »
DaveH.

I agree with your comment (with me being one of the two members)!

Unal, 

My humble apology to you Sir. Please accept it!
Do not stop showing on here your goodies because of it. I can see how hard and frustrating it must be for you regards lack of fellow modellers in Turkey for when you need advice, and so this is the ideal place to turn to. (Until a plonker like me almost turns you away))

Now then, how do you get your material for your work?
Also, was it hard for you to buy/import your machines and where did you get them from please?
If these are awkward questions then please do not answer them!!

Many kind regards,

Ron.
Just me!

Offline Fergus OMore

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2012, 04:37:40 AM »
I can see how hard and frustrating it must be for you regards lack of fellow modellers in Turkey for when you need advice, and so this is the ideal place to turn to. (Until a plonker like me almost turns you away))

Also, was it hard for you to buy/import your machines and where did you get them from please?

Many kind regards,

Ron.

I think that you are looking for 'ukazak' in
 http://www.hobitutkunlari.com

or if you can't get it try Googling '  ukazak in mersin, turkey'

Mersin, in case you don't know is a thriving seaport in Turkey with its own university and 10,000 people in its Chamber of Commerce.
Turkey is not a backward country of 80 million peasants but has some 2.5 million imigrant workers in Germany's highly skilled industries.

Well now?

Offline ukazak

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2012, 04:55:31 AM »
Ron,
There is no need for any apology. Everyone is expressing their thoughts or opinions. It is amazing that how easy for one to forget, his own first days or years.
I can understand the frustrations too, everybody want to see the results of their idea is after applied and NOW! But really, sincerely, it is not easy around here. I appreciate and I am sure other newbie’s too, your time spent to solve the problem.
I broke my band saw blade and took me 3 months to find a spare. (have you ever tried to deal a business with a Chinese lately?)
So, I have to be careful with a “BIG WHACK’S” and hammering things.
Here you can find almost anything as easy as ABC, but for the big industrial machines. Anything smaller than 4MT.. Forget it!
I usually find and purchase the raw material at nearby industrial park. And tools have to make them myself if I can, or, I order them from abroad specialized hardware stores etc.
It is not exactly a rose garden, but I am not complaining.
Kind regards,
Unal

Offline DaveH

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2012, 05:05:58 AM »
Unal,

So what is your next plan of attack  :dremel:

DaveH

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2012, 05:18:02 AM »
Unal.
I have been only occasionally dropping in, following your problem.....

Some while ago, I had the same problem with my mill. Here is a sketch I made at the time.

The impact forces are taken by the machine table, not the bearings.

One good clout was all it needed!  :thumbup:

Good luck.......

David D

P.S.

Nice engines!  :clap: :clap:
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline ukazak

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2012, 07:11:45 AM »
Thanks, David,
Won’t you think that would have negative impact on spindle housing?
Believe me, one of the firs things that already I tried with two big wooden blokes was that. And, because I couldn’t bear to look at it, a 130Kilo “knowing all pro”, had the one sharp WHACK! with a large blacksmith hammer... Nothing..!, it just doesn’t  budge.
Tried all the chemicals.. it doesn’t enter between the arbor and the spindle to get it loose.
This is why, this weekend I am thinking to take it to pres shop.
And I will inform all.

Offline DaveH

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2012, 07:26:14 AM »
Hi Unal,

I think that may be a good idea, a press shop should be able to get it loose.

Good luck with it, and please let us know how it all turns out.

DaveH

Offline ukazak

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 07:27:07 AM »
Unal,

DaveH

well, 1- this weekend, ask my kind wife to give me a hand to take the head down and apart to take it to Press shop, or
2- I'll just lay a piece of plywood to back of my Q7 to take the whole thing down the industrial park, or
3- still should be on guaranty.. package and send it back to factory to serviced (that means, at least next 6 Months I will be filing my fingernails..)
I know I'll be always thinking only thing left that, I havent tried, about the Hydrolics solution ,shoul I know only how to do it...?
but, by all means, dont want to cause new frustrations

regards,
Unal

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2012, 07:44:55 AM »
Unal
The hydraulic method would be to put some grease down the spindle then turn a good fitting drift
The drift is then hit and the energy imparted on to the collet holder
This method is good for bearings in blind holes
I doubt it will move your collet holder if a direct hammer blow will not
John

Offline ukazak

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2012, 08:08:16 AM »
I can see how hard and frustrating it must be for you regards lack of fellow modellers in Turkey for when you need advice, and so this is the ideal place to turn to. (Until a plonker like me almost turns you away))

Many kind regards,

Ron.

I think that you are looking for 'ukazak' in
 http://www.hobitutkunlari.com

or if you can't get it try Googling '  ukazak in mersin, turkey'

Mersin, in case you don't know is a thriving seaport in Turkey with its own university and 10,000 people in its Chamber of Commerce.
Turkey is not a backward country of 80 million peasants but has some 2.5 million imigrant workers in Germany's highly skilled industries.

Well now?

Mr. Fergus,
The site is a small hobbyists group. Mostly the woodwork stuff. It is own by hardware company I think. I have few of sharing there to see if anyone is interested that I would encounter. But, none so far, maybe I will inspire someone, someday…
A couple of guys asked for how and where to buy mini lathe and I directed them to company where I bought, and one of them happily bought a SEIG and asked me to translate a how to make ball turning from a site he saw, and I had my freshly made wobblers posted to see some interest.. all there is, “nice”, good work”,etc.
Yes, Turkey is no tribes’ country but about model engines or home machinery is not at all yet considered as a hobby because it is quite expensive for most. Therefore, there are not many sources available on this subject. Once, I even thought to start a business who only sels home machinery and equipment store… But, probably it would flank.

So, you guys only few, all around the world who has spend years and gained experience. Amongst yourselves, you are fine and dandy.. More you know easy it gets. Maybe you think everybody has the same experiences and accomplishments’ you have arrived. Well, it is not so. Again maybe you are not aware, but many of us very much value you and very much appreciate of you for being there and advacing. If anyone comes around and proudly show a Wobbler he just succeed to make, you should know that’s is your teaching and there is the fruit. We all learn from you guys.
Kind respect,
Regards,
Unal Kazak

Offline Fergus OMore

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 09:20:08 AM »
No, my friend, no!  I'm still the boy who came from nowhere with no education in a war torn Britain and who left school at the age of 14.
I'm the peasant boy who grew spinach and sold it in the local market to have a few pennies when my father was injured and we had no money.

Today, things have changed but you asked for help- and I gave it.

lordedmond

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2012, 09:56:03 AM »
Unal,

DaveH

well, 1- this weekend, ask my kind wife to give me a hand to take the head down and apart to take it to Press shop, or
2- I'll just lay a piece of plywood to back of my Q7 to take the whole thing down the industrial park, or
3- still should be on guaranty.. package and send it back to factory to serviced (that means, at least next 6 Months I will be filing my fingernails..)
I know I'll be always thinking only thing left that, I havent tried, about the Hydrolics solution ,shoul I know only how to do it...?
but, by all means, dont want to cause new frustrations

regards,
Unal

the hydro method will not work with a mt2/3 quill because it will have a drift slot in it to extract the mT drill bits , big hole in quill nada hydro pressure , unless this is a R8 which i doubt looking at the pics

as I have said before clout it use stilldrillin method to take the load ( wood is no good it will absorb the blow ) its got to be solid with a quick sharp impact

all this will be of no consequence if the said shank has turned in the quill then we are in a different ball park it could be galled or evan friction welded in

but as a rider if you are more comfortable to take it to a press hop then by all means do so , should have enough room in the Q7

Stuart

Offline hopefuldave

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2012, 09:37:59 AM »
Hi Unal,

When I started at my current job the same problem - milling cutter chuck had been stuck in the spindle for about 10 years (the previous 2 engineers had been there that long...) - I ended up making a pair of wedge forks, one bearing against the end of the spindle (with some pieces of flat to take up the inevitable gap), other against the back of the chuck, then pulling them together with 12mm bolts through two pieces of 20x0mm bar - made the wedge angle quite small (5 degrees?) and greased the contact area, took some force on the spanners, but then there was a Big Bang! and the chuck dropped out of the taper! Ordinary mild steel would be fine for all except the bolts and nuts, which should be fairly good quality high-tensile...

Apalling Crap-O-CAD:

Might be worth a try?
Dave H. (the other one)
Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men.

Offline DaveH

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »
Unal,

How did you get on to day.

DaveH

Offline ukazak

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »
If you will not try hydraulics, do the following

1. Lock the quill- and I mean LOCK it
2. Drop the spindle/chuck down to the vice
3. lock it to the vice
4. take a metre long scaffolding pipe onto one of the arms of the windlass
                       and
5. PULL
Oh, brother something will move. I promise, SOMETHING WILL MOVE.

Thanks, Mr. Fergus,
I will try this when everything else fails.

by the way, this remid me of;

The guy had a sick camel, and he would refuse to walk… guy had to call the vet.  Vet arrived, examined the camel for a while, and asked the owner to bring couple of stools. When he got to stools, he put them behind the camel, opened up his doctors’ handbag and took out couple of fire-place bricks. He got on the stools one foot on each stool and stood up so he could reach up high behind the camel. Spread  the camel’s legs apart, reach out and pull camel’s balls behind its legs, as balls to be exposed. He than took the bricks one in each hand… weighed a little, that open up his arms each side.. Than WHAAAM..! Smash hit the camels balls between the bricks..  WOW! The camel took off its eyeballs out, running like crazy… The owner in fry..! Asked to vet.. “Jesus..! Doesn’t this hurt???”.! “No”, said the vet, looking at his hands holding the bricks, “Not, if you keep your fingers off between the bricks, when you hit it…”
kind regards,
Unal