Author Topic: Lister 6/1 Genset  (Read 60905 times)

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
Re: Lister 6/1 Genset
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2009, 01:57:29 AM »

My wife has a good friend from Scotland.. Her accent is incredibly sexy..

My wifes a Scot and I can speak from experience its the way they roll their R's

:lol:

OK I mean as in Purrrple.

When our son was first making his way in the world and starting to take interest in the oposit sex i advised him to stay clear of Scotish women as once thay got thier claws into you, you couldn,t get away, that earned me a  . :wack:

But so much for fatherly advice:-  he ended up marrying a scotish lass too

Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2009, 12:41:53 PM »
Colour me stupid on that one
OK.... if you insist :lol:

So let me ask you. Is it because you are takeing the Lister all apart and checking every part?
Sort of, obviously I have time on my hands as well as playing with engines, lathes etc I'm also rebuilding my house (major work involved here) and I'm building a garage between the frost and raindrops.

But it's because of my illness I have this time, but you weren't to know that.

Ok now, this is were you laugh right?  :)
Sort of, yeah ..  :lol:

Unfortunately sarcasm/dry humor gets lost entirely if it has to be explained, so I doubt the above really helps  :bang:

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:44:29 PM by Darren »
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2009, 12:49:38 PM »
 :offtopic:

My wifes a Scot and I can speak from experience its the way they roll their R's

:lol:

Stew

Stew, my good lady is Welsh and they roll their R's as a matter of phonetics's, Is that the right word?

Mind you, she makes a lot of other strange noises as well but seems to fit in well with the locals.  :lol:

Sarcasm is lost here too, it's sadly taken as a great insult and me being me really don't help much  :bang:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2009, 07:22:28 PM »
<makes a note to get earplugs before going to Scotland some day... SWMBO might not like me bringing someone home. Well then again.. erm NM>
SPiN Racing

Offline Paul Barker

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2009, 01:44:42 PM »
I too am enjoying daren's thread. I want one of these CS's also. But I don't have the time to make parts I would probably have to buy listeroid parts to get it going.

What the guys across the pond may not realise is that where Darren lives Welsh is the first language no English person understands a word of Welsh it is as different a language as Russian is to English.

There is something seductive about the female spken Scottish accent. I was sent to Aberdeen to work and
I fell in love at first sight more times in a week than in the rest of my life put together.

It is great that Darren is doing this thing properly if it was mine it would be held together with bungee straps and cranked over already.