Author Topic: 10-22 build  (Read 8033 times)

Offline Pelallito

10-22 build
« on: February 01, 2009, 05:35:33 PM »
Here is a little project that I took from cold storage. I bought the stock, barrel and action a while ago and hung the stock up on a hook on my pegboard in the shop. The stock is Cherry that was made from three pieces glued together, so it is a laminated stock.
The stock-

Counter bore for pillar

Pillar made from bolt-

I will take more photos and post soon.
Regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:38:43 PM by Pelallito »

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
Re: 10-22 build
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 09:12:50 PM »
Fred,

Nice work on the stock.

To answer your question on the gatlin gun plans. I have both. Have read about the errors in the one from down near your way, actually west of you. Can't remember his name.

Question is who knows if I'll ever get to building any of them. The projects just keep lining up one behind the other and none seem to get finished. :bang: :bang:

Bernd

P.S. Forgot to mention I have a Ruger 10/22. Just love that little gun.
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Pelallito

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 10:07:18 PM »
Bernd,
I wish that I could take credit for making the stock, but I can't. I bought it pretty much the way you saw it. I just drilled and counter bored for the front pillar. I did some sanding on the outside before my fiend took the photo. I have a picture of the cut that I made for the rear hold down, but I could not make out any details and did not post it. :bang:
I put a wood prep on the stock today and a first coat of Watco oil finish. I did use a scraper today as an experiment and I was not happy with the results. I just did some research and learned about the proper way of sharpening and using them. :clap: I might make a scraper and try to make the glue line smaller.
The 10-22 is a lot of fun.
Have you spent any time over here?
http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php
Lots of good information about the Ruger and other rimfires.
The Gatling you were thinking of might be this one-http://www.gatlingguns.net/ or this one-http://www.modelgatlinggunplans.com/#. That might be the one since they are in Kentwood, LA.
I agree about projects lining up endlessly. I am trying to finish some of them, but once they are finished, they will help me make something else. :doh:
Regards,
Fred

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 10:28:14 PM »
Yup, that's the one, D & E Model Drawings, Kentwood, LA. I also have the one from the guy in Colorado, RG-G Inc.

I'll have to get out the prints and see which are which. I believe one of them states his is non firing because of the material used and doesn't give any heat treating advice.

I'm not that heavily into guns, but I do like to shot them. One reason for the gatling was to mount it on the hood of the truck to see how many times I would get stopped by the gestopo?  :lol: But I'm older now and wouldn't think of doing that. :lol: :lol:

Bernd

Offline Pelallito

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 10:49:37 PM »
Bernd,
That would be a very interesting hood ornament. Years ago I would see some muzzle loader or black powder shooters come out to the Range in a VW Beetle with a cannon connected to the rear bumper. They would take a few shots at the dirt bank that kept the bullets from going over the top. They always seemed to be having a blast! :lol:
Regards,
Fred

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 09:49:25 AM »
Bernd,
That would be a very interesting hood ornament. Years ago I would see some muzzle loader or black powder shooters come out to the Range in a VW Beetle with a cannon connected to the rear bumper. They would take a few shots at the dirt bank that kept the bullets from going over the top. They always seemed to be having a blast! :lol:
Regards,
Fred

I'm sure they didn't have any tailgaters either.  :lol: That's a good one.

Bernd

Offline Pelallito

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 09:39:46 AM »
Bernd,
They never did have any problem with tailgaters. I wonder why? :lol:
Regards,
Fred