Author Topic: Need help on Servo motor  (Read 4911 times)

Offline nel2lar

Need help on Servo motor
« on: May 30, 2012, 02:03:52 PM »
I have a Mitsubishi AC Servo motor. Can I run it continuosand if so what all do I need to get? The numbers on the motor are HA-SC43  Serial C71. All other labels are in Japanese. Any help would be appricated.
Nelson Collar

Offline PekkaNF

Re: Need help on Servo motor
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 05:47:52 AM »
400W AC-servo?

About only thing I found was:
http://suport.siriustrading.ro/02.DocArh/05.SV/04.MR-H/05.Diverse/MR-H-E02%20-%20Instruction%20Manual%20IB(NA)-67151-A%20(10.93).pdf
That is a part of Mitsu servo drive manual that has encoder pinout, that should be entertaining if you hook this to servo drive. Anyway, have a look on "wiring diagram" on page 3. This should indicate how to connect the motor into a properly rated inerter (VFD), you don't need necessary the encoder if you are just "driving spindle" or such.

See this thread, where I had one-to-one with 200w panasonic AC-servo:
http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=5626.msg60102#msg60102

My take on thingsm I have found out:
* Needs servomplifier or inverter to run
* My choice is inverter and ditch the feedback
* You'll have to have servos rated frequency (speed), current and voltage to be able to program VFD.
* Your inverter must be rated to greater current that the motor. You want to set the inverter current limit to the nominal value on the motor plague.
* Your inverter probably wants to feed more "voltage" to the motor that it reads on the motor plague. You must set output voltage or fudge VF-curve to limit inverter output voltage to motor nominal values (voltage at rated frequency, mine was 92VAC ant 200Hz, hence Maximum-voltage frequency 450 Hz (produces from 230 VAC aproximately 92V at 200 Hz, PWM 11,7 khz and maximum frequency 960Hz, Voltage boost 10,2% but the parameters depends a lot of what kind of inverter you have).
* I found one paper that stated that servo power is rated, when servomotor has been boltted on substantial structure to allow quite a significant heat transfer (I think I read one test bed that used 150mm square and pretty thick plate as "standard" heat sink for pretty small servo). Servos get pretty hot if continuosly loaded. Closer to 90 decrees C will shorten bearing life and be nasty to touch.

So...pretty close same requirements than use of inverter for standard 3-phase squirel gage motor, but bit more involved with parameters. I had some parameters wrong and the motor was jumpping or shaking (no good).

Does this help any?

PekkaNF

Offline nel2lar

Re: Need help on Servo motor
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 12:59:56 AM »
PekkaNF
Thanks for the info, now I can move forward with the set up. Again thanks I'll let you know how it goes.
Nelson Collar