Author Topic: hair today, ....  (Read 5956 times)

Offline russ57

hair today, ....
« on: June 10, 2012, 04:11:36 AM »
round at some friends this afternoon, kids all playing happily, until one appears with a hairbrush firmly entangled in long hair. one of those 'circular' ones with bristles all the way round. After a few minutes, it was becoming obvious that this was going to be a major project to remove, more than likely to be accompanied by many tears.

inspiration struck: the objective is to remove the hairbrush, not untangle the hair... and this was the outcome.  Still took a few minutes, but not a drama...

its so easy to get hung up on the method, losing sight of the goal...

-russ (from Oz)

Offline grayone

Re: hair today, ....
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »
Great idea - mind as long as no one epects it put back together :lol:
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 02:23:48 PM »
I run a stanley knife along the length to cut the hair into nice manageable bits  :D
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.
https://myshedblog.wordpress.com/

Offline AussieJimG

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 01:40:10 AM »
Stanley knife sounds good, I was thinking about a pair of scissors but what the hell.  :D
Jim

Offline rotorhead

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »
Talking about hair implements, my wife kept her long toothed/tongued afro comb (four 50mm x 1.5mm dia spikes) in her handbag.

Whilst she was looking for her fag lighter, she actually speared through the second finger of her right hand, unfortunately I didn't take a picture.

It was very unsettling, more for me than her, once she'd lit up her fag that is, strange thing though it didn't bleed.

When we were next shopping in Morrisons, I brought it up with the manager, whom removed them from the shelf pending a safety review, I'd suggested a protective sheath whilst not in use, but never saw it implemented, a couple of weeks later they were on sale again.

If it had happened to me I'd be off work three weeks with a broken flask.....
Chris
Sunny Scunny,
North Lincolnshire.