Author Topic: new table  (Read 4595 times)

Offline krv3000

new table
« on: June 10, 2012, 04:54:37 PM »
hi all i went on a work shop visit today went to see doubleboost on leaving he gave me a peace of marble that had cum from a fire place that was my project for the day to mack a marking out table from it the first thing was to cut the broken edges off it easy shed than dun i marked it out then cut a notch in the ends so that the corners don't brake off well the diamond cutting disc was not having non of it so i had to use stone cutting disc in sated it terned out nice after dressing dawn the edges the next thing is to mack up a frame for it to sit in right pics
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 07:42:29 PM by dsquire »

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Re: new tabel
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 07:18:31 PM »
Looks to be a nice top, The tile and marble setters used to use a cheap 7 1/2" circular saw with a decent diamond blade on it. they would prop it up off the floor on 1/4" dowels or other wood slats. and have a large sponge and bucket of water.

I have watched them cut 100's of feet of 3/4" and 1" marble slab for the restroom stall partitions. And I have cut a lot off large slabs down to working size with the sponge in front of the saw squeezing the water out a little at a time to keep the dust down. Know you have to use some common sense, and have a good grounded cord and saw. Along with keeping both feet on the ground and not kneeling in the wet.

Even when the blade says dry cut a little water goes along way to improve blade life. I have a wet cutting attachment for my tile saw. Pretty neat thing if you are cutting outside as it hooks up to a garden hose.

Looks to be a nice repurpose.
 :thumbup:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen