Author Topic: Start on my furnace  (Read 4769 times)

Offline ksor

• Turn off the TV - life ain't replayed !
    • Keld's hjemmeside
Start on my furnace
« on: June 15, 2012, 10:30:06 AM »
Now I finally got started on my furnace and tested my Plasma Cutter 40 on a real project  :doh: - I need some practice with the cutter for sure !

Let Google do the translation for you:

http://kelds.weebly.com/smelteovn.html
Best regards
KSor, Denmark
Skype name: keldsor

Offline trevoratxtal

• Torbay, South Devon, England
Re: Start on my furnace
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 02:31:00 AM »
Hello Ksor
From the looks of your torch, I think you need a bigger compressor as insufficient air allows the torch to overheat.
Also fit a low air cutout switch if you do not wish to replace the torch regularly.
I have the same model cutter and I am able to cut to 25mm clean, and more but ragged.
Trev

Offline ksor

• Turn off the TV - life ain't replayed !
    • Keld's hjemmeside
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 03:07:58 AM »
> travoratxtal

Yeah, surely something is wrong and I had i mind that maybe the compressor is too small - because it can't blow the material away when melted - but of cause more air will cool down the torch fittings too so I don't need to replace them so often.

Please tell me what you mean by " fit a low air cutout switch" - because I don't want to replace the torch fittings so often ... do you mean a switch that cuts the power to the cutter when air pressure is low ????

My compressor can deliver 50 liters/min and it should do - at least the manual says so - how much can your compressor deliver ?
Best regards
KSor, Denmark
Skype name: keldsor

Offline trevoratxtal

• Torbay, South Devon, England
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 11:53:47 AM »
Hello Ksor
150 liters min is the minimum at 60 psi min 100 psi is better this was found to stop damaged torches. The manual tells fibs.
A low pressure cutout consists of a pressure switch similar to the pressure switch on the compressor,  this is fitted on the back of the cutter on a tee connector with the air supply
Many of switches have a normally open as well as normally closed contacts, the normally open contact is wired in series with the on switch on the torch so if there is low pressure it cuts the current immediately.
They are available from many sources try Google.
Trev