Author Topic: Screws on Stevens Crackhot-26  (Read 7862 times)

Offline edman61

Screws on Stevens Crackhot-26
« on: July 01, 2012, 11:18:20 AM »
Hello, I'm new to firearms restoration, found this forum and was hoping to get opinions from those with more experience.  I have Stevens Crackshot-26 that belonged to my grandfather.  I've been storing it for 40 years and just decided to see what might be able to be done with it.  In appears to be in generally good condition but does need a firing pin and I think a spring for the trigger.   In looking at various forums I noticed that mine does not seem to have the four main screws on the left side of the frame as I have seen in other postings.  They appear to be pins instead - unless the screw heads were ground down for some reason.  I have attached a photo. 

If these really should be screws, is it possible for me to have these removed and replaced.  I believe I need to replace the trigger spring and I don't think that is possible without removing / replacing the screws. 

Any help or advice will be appreciated.  Thank you!

Offline Jonny

Re: Screws on Stevens Crackhot-26
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 04:05:17 PM »
Theyre pins which should be rounded over level, dome above action.
You can see straight away where the pins have had a bashing ie flat spots. If its made right, theyre directional and go in one way and come out the other or will lock up.