Author Topic: Poor delivery  (Read 3778 times)

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
Poor delivery
« on: February 09, 2009, 03:52:01 AM »
I have just been informed by a model engeneer supplier that the order I made on the 3rd  of FEB is going to be packed "today" and should be with me in a few days , considering they advertise """As well as our fast mail order services ""
this is not fast , its verry rare that I complain about a trader but the same happend last time so I checked that all was in stock befor I orderd, so its the last time Chronos gets any of my pennies,

Peter
 :hammer:

:wack:
I am usless at metalwork, Oh and cannot spell either . failure

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
Re: Poor delivery
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 04:19:13 AM »
Could be they are short staffed because of the weather? Have you taken this into account ?

JS.
John Stevenson

bogstandard

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 04:25:23 AM »
I stopped using Chronos a while back Peter.

The first reason was what you have encountered, the second is that they will take your money using paypal, then tell you the item isn't in stock, while you can still order it on the website. I also had bits that were not the same as advertised, they said 82 degree c/sinks, and they sent 90 deg. They never did have the 82 ones in stock, but the last time I looked, they were still advertising them.

If they went to pick their nose, I wonder where their finger would end up.

Bogs

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 04:31:26 AM »
The email I recived today said it was due to the collection being canceled on friday , it was orderd just after midnight on the 3rd so they had all tue,  wed,  thur, I expect when somone addvertieses fast delivery it to go out within 48 hours,

Peter

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 04:47:25 AM »
If they went to pick their nose, I wonder where their finger would end up.
   :lol:

I've had a similar experience with suppliers..... Bout 2 weeks to my doorstep! (it almost came as a surprise.... I'd near forgotten that I'd made the order!  :scratch:)

I don't buy many tools mail order. I try to purchase things on my list from shows, delivery is not an issue when the part was in my hand!
But I know that doesn't always work for fixings etc, I use a very fast supplier for stainless fixings and another for small drills/taps (metric) 2-3 days on the doorstep  :thumbup:

There are plenty of others out there that do deliver within a week.... you just got to find them..... Or ask for the names of good suppliers off other members    :) 

Sucks when you have to wait!  :bang:

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »
This threads just reminded me I've got a bit of kit outstanding from Chonos  :doh:

Thanks Chaps I'll get them chased up.

Cheers

Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline John-Som

• Start Model Engineering
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 05:25:37 PM »
Me too Stew. Chronos seem to have ground to a halt. They took my paypal payment on Feb 3rd but their delivery department seems to be less efficient than their accounts department. Normally I find most UK suppliers on the ball and more often than not goods arrive next day, or the day after at the latest. Methinks I shall be on the 'phone to Chronos in the morning - if the line is engaged I will know why.

JohnS
start-model-engineering.co.uk - a friendly place for model engineering beginners

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 08:12:40 AM »
Well good and bad news , got a delivery today, but one item was wrong,I give up as it was just a small part I am not bothereing , or to use them again, shame as they do have the odd bits that are sometimes not stocked by otheres,

:ddb:  Peter :ddb: