Author Topic: Email contact  (Read 2816 times)

bogstandard

Email contact
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:09:04 AM »
Is there a reason that people don't like to have their emails for contact showing under their avatar?

I find it much easier and quicker than using a PM, as you usually check your emails a lot more often, OK, I also have a PM reminder sent, but it is not always practical to go to this site, plus with emails it is easier to get information transferred across, sketches etc.

Bogs

Kludge

Re: Email contact
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:14:24 AM »
I get the email reminder which goes the same place as email and includes the full text of the PM.  The reply time would be the same either way so it just seems redundant to me.  Just my take on things ...

Best regards,

Kludge

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 10:30:41 AM »
Is there a reason that people don't like to have their emails for contact showing under their avatar?

Bogs

I have two answers, not saying they are the correct answers, but!

Lazzines and paranoia

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:58:31 AM »
The only think I can figure is the new live spammer that seems to popping up in these down economic times. Some join the forums and make one really stupid comment or post, with a addy in the message or sig line hoping for some bites then like the other morning, I caught a live spammer going through the member list(another forum) one at a time.I guess coping the emails and web sites that were available. The live steam's forums(Village Press) are having a real bad time the last week. As there are one or two pages overnight of spam and one bot type spam loader was putting you tube type prono vid's on. It was using a number subject header and was doing 6,000 plus.

Don't know if that was the forums that were posted or the numbers of the pron clips.

On another a forum that I moderate, we had a welding, fabricating service company that had joined over 300 forums and was posting only silly comments with the web site of the company.

I guess if its do that or get fired or laid off. Its a job! :doh:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen