Author Topic: ER25 Collet Blocks  (Read 10090 times)

Offline Deko

ER25 Collet Blocks
« on: July 25, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »
I do'nt know if i will be in trouble for posting this :hammer:, but,  when John S made his ER32 blocks, i know the cries were long and loud for ER25 versions. Well your cries were heard, and guess what !!!!  They are now ready. I have no connection with the suppliers so nothing for me to gain.

Cheers Derek

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
Re: ER25 Collet Blocks
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 09:42:37 AM »
Well I was the Person who asked ketanon on hear if he woul make these when they anonced the ER32s and like Magic they made them and mine Mine arrived this morning and they are just what I wanted so a big thanks to ARC and Ketan, Oh and John Stevenson for making them maybee he can now ingrave made in uk this his new toy on them :lol:

:ddb: :nrocks: :ddb: Peter  :ddb: :nrocks: :ddb:

:mmr:
I am usless at metalwork, Oh and cannot spell either . failure

Offline rotorhead

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:44:47 PM »
Hello HS & Deko,

Are the blocks larger than the OD of the ER25 nut, I might be criticised here, but I prefer the block to be clear.

What I'm going on about is, when holding, say a 4 fluted cutter, for touching up the cutting edges, I don't want the nut to hold the block off the grinding table, whilst off hand grinding.

I bought the 5C ER32 adapter and blocks, I ground another 2 flats on the 5C adapter flange, to clear the table, but ended up using a spacing flat bar anyway, to clear the nut.
Chris
Sunny Scunny,
North Lincolnshire.

Offline Deko

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 05:30:11 PM »
Hi Chris
             I think this is a case of "you can please some of the people some of the time Etc."  I do'nt have the ER25 blocks so i ca'nt answer your question re those, However on the ER32 blocks the nut does extend beyond the block faces.  Most folk, including myself think this is a usefull feature as when using the blocks horizontaly in the vice, the nut acts as an indexing feature. For example when milling a square or hexagon on the end of a bar.

Cheers Dek