Author Topic: referb of a DTI gage  (Read 8248 times)

Offline krv3000

referb of a DTI gage
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:10:44 AM »
hi all well its time i posted sumthing i got two DTI gages one was given to me as it was bin thrown a way the other one i got from the boot sale for £1 the white one is from the boot sale a part from needing a new stiles its in ok order the one that i was given wich is the yelow one was in more of a full rebild i striped the dti dawn and gave it a good cleen as you can see by the pics it needs a new lense and the crap left over after the cleen  right pics

Offline krv3000

Re: referb of a DTI gage
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:33:57 AM »
right the next bit after giving it a good cleen i started to put it back together its inportent to pretenchon the spring for the needel one full turn shud be enuff do not use grees use light oil to lubricat all pivet pointes i used white grees on the dile frame as can be seen in the pic i cleend the dile with coten buds and wam water only i made a new lense out of two peses of clear plastik one will be the lens it selff the other one was made in to a step for the lense to sit on sos no pics of this bit as me camrea went and dide on me see pic with sum Tcut and pashense the lense turnd up ok  all back together  and working well i made one stiles and reperd the one that was on  the one i made started off as a lenthe of 2.5 mm stanles rod  wich i drilld one end of for the thred to go in to i don't no if the thred is mm or inch but i have sum brass scruws wich is the sam thred turnd and shaped the stanles ones i was happy with the form i then silver solded the thred in to the end the stiles that was mising its end i just drilld the same stanlas to fit on to the end ans silver solderd that on then set back up in the lathe ans reshaped it  right pics

Offline krv3000

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 08:36:25 AM »
me ded camara  :doh: :doh: :doh: its in the bin

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »
Nice work Bob!  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

If you do another one, could you do step-by-step pics of how to strip a DTI down? Especially if it's the plunger type... I've got a couple of sticky ones which could do with stripping, cleaning, and putting back together, but I'm not sure where to start with things like taking the lenses off, taking the hands off, etc...

Ta!  :nrocks:
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline jb3cx

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 05:03:47 PM »
you done a grand job on them bob, :clap: :clap:

Offline AussieJimG

• In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »
Thank you for showing Bob, I have never seen that done before.

Jim

Offline krv3000

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
hi all thanks for the coments yep will do a step by step strip dawn of the next one

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 04:55:37 PM »
Hi
Bob
As it happens i have one that needs a clean and a new face
 :Doh: :Doh: :Doh:
John

Offline Deko

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »
Grand job there Bob (as usual). :clap: I had to mend one of mine a few weeks ago, i droped the thing and the spring was disloged. Was yours a coil spring ?, the one in mine is stright length of spring wire. Fiddly little buggers ar'nt they? :scratch:  A bit  :offtopic: , but how is the new job going?

Cheers Dek.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »
hi well john i will just have to pic it up next time im over and re ferb it for you ther is two springs in the yelow DTI one to ajust the sensettivity of the stiles the other one is for the needel