Author Topic: a new home for a old lathe  (Read 5216 times)

Offline krv3000

a new home for a old lathe
« on: October 07, 2012, 05:26:12 PM »
hi all i ant bin up to mutch sins i started work and the new job is gowing well but i got involved in moving a old lathe bit of a sad story a mashenist past a way and his wido sold the famely home and the old mans workshop off  to move in to a bungerlow sum one bort the lathe and removed all the tooling for the lath and shed he wood be back for the lathe 1 week left befor the wido had to move out the feler phend her up and sed he did not wont the lathe and she can do wot she wonted with it well she asced a rawnd if any one wonted it and the info came to me well i had a look at the lathe far too big for my shop but i new sum one that was on the hunt for a biger lath my sunse gurlfrens dad mell the feler that billds tryiks well he fel in love with it and we soon had it moved sos no pics of the moov but pics of the lathe in a moment he got the lathe for free but i will cum back on that the lathe is a Mcdougall made in canider the feler got it from wher he worked it was hit by sumthing and its back legs got broke off so he fecht it home be for the move we had it up and runing and its like a swis watch any way as the widow wood not exsepe any cash for the lathe mell went out and made up a food hamper for her in his way of saying thank you and she was well plesd to resive it right if any one has any info on this type of lathe it wood be gratfuley resived  it has gnaw got a new set of legs right pics   

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: a new home for a old lathe
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 06:40:17 PM »
Bob, it looks like you found a good 'un for Mel. I hope it was a big hamper!

Looking at the archive at www.lathes.co.uk , Tony Griffiths is asking for info/photos about later McDougall lathes.

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline krv3000

Re: a new home for a old lathe
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »
hi andy yep all redy bin in tuch i have sent him sum pics