Author Topic: Another Turner's Cube.  (Read 6716 times)

Offline Tweakie

• Super Kitty.
    • Tweakie.CNC
Another Turner's Cube.
« on: October 09, 2012, 11:09:29 AM »
I don't have the necessary skills to make one of these on a lathe but with a CNC milling machine it is not difficult to do.

This was my first one but when friends saw it, their first words were "could you make one for me" - so I ended up making many more.

Tweakie.

Offline flyingtractors1

Re: Another Turner's Cube.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »
Very Nice.  I'd love to have one too but lack the where with-al.  Ralph

Offline kayz1

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 04:39:23 AM »
I would love one of those to put above my machines,,,make try harder. One day i WILL be able to make some thing useful instead of all the scrap i now produce....but the learning is fun....

PS: i am back from my sort Holiday so if you remember i am about to turn GOOD steam castings into scrap...still no pics as i am not a techi
on these things again learning, BUT if anyone wants them speak NOW or i turn them into scrap in my effort to learn...
I am in Holywell North Wales so they need tobe picked up..will pop along to the how To's to see eeeeer! hoe to...with the pics.
  Lyn.

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 05:07:16 AM »
One of the issues of digital machinist had the code for that as part of a down load.
John Stevenson

Offline Tweakie

• Super Kitty.
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 12:37:08 PM »
Making these is not rocket science – Once you have a cube of aluminium, using the Mach3 Pocket Wizard - pockets are cut in all 6 sides with an end mill / slot drill, then another pocket in each side with a dovetail cutter to create the undercut and release the cube. It is only a few line of GCode and cubes within cubes can be made in exactly the same way. The only secret, if there is one, is to use an end stop on the machine vice.

Tweakie.