Author Topic: Miter Gauge for Tablesaw  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Harvey Melvin Richards

Miter Gauge for Tablesaw
« on: October 17, 2012, 11:29:54 AM »
This was my first real machining project. I did the drawings by hand, because at the time I wasn't CAD capable. The machining was done on a 2 axis Bridgeport NC. The hold down clamp was purchased from JDS Tools. Their JDS Accu-Miter was the inspiration for mine, although I'd only seen photos of it.

Offline fixerup

Re: Miter Gauge for Tablesaw
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 12:56:38 PM »
Well  done!
I've just purchase a shopsmith wood working tool and the miter hold down clamp is missing. I really like this toggle design compared to the shopsmith design which you have to squeeze the handle all the time in order to keep piece clamped down.
Thanks for posting.
Phil

Offline Harvey Melvin Richards

Re: Miter Gauge for Tablesaw
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 03:26:57 PM »
Well  done!
I've just purchase a shopsmith wood working tool and the miter hold down clamp is missing. I really like this toggle design compared to the shopsmith design which you have to squeeze the handle all the time in order to keep piece clamped down.
Thanks for posting.
Phil

Before I made mine, I was using a cheapy cast miter gauge that had a squeeze handle to hold the part. It was always slipping and was real hassle to use. I use De Staco style clamps on a lot of other jigs and they work really well, although they aren't quick to adjust. You might be able to use something like that.