Author Topic: Where are all old photos?  (Read 3762 times)

Offline hosinsky

Where are all old photos?
« on: November 02, 2012, 04:59:10 PM »
I am slowly going through going through old threads to learn - I am rather new at this. Many thread have had their pictures removed making them rather useless. Is there a way to recover those?
Goran, Canary Islands

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: Where are all old photos?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 05:12:28 PM »
Not really, Goran. To show a photo on Madmodder, it must be put on an image hosting site like Photobucket by the member who wants to include it in a post. When you see that a photo has gone missing, it means the member has deleted it from the image hosting site or closed his account there, so it is lost from Madmodder for ever.

The only way to get a copy would be a private message to the member concerned, trying to persuade him or her to forward a copy of the photo direct to you.

Andy

Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:22:12 PM »
Hi

Andy is right about the photobucket style posting.

However, we also allow embedding of pictures. Unfortunately when we made the move to another version of the forum software AND moved servers, it broke a lot of the pictures. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do to fix it. I have tried...

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline hosinsky

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:35:27 PM »
Well, it is really a pity! Some of the threads would be very instructive with the photos, without they are mostly useless.
Goran

Offline Deko

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »
I store all my photos on my computer, and when i wish to post one i just click on attachments, then browse, select photo, job done. 
I have never put my photos in a bucket, old tin can or anything other than a folder.  :lol:  The few pics i have posted are still there, i just checked. :thumbup:

Cheers Dek. :coffee:

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 05:07:23 PM »
Goran,

Another thing you can try... if you see a broken image (square with a ragged red line), try clicking on it. Some of the pictures will pop up.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.