Author Topic: Hello from Bywong, Australia  (Read 3132 times)

Offline AussieJimG

• In Memoriam
Hello from Bywong, Australia
« on: November 03, 2012, 05:25:29 PM »
Hello, my name is Jim. I am a retired (and very much out of date) electronics engineer living in Bywong, just outside of Australia’s capital city, Canberra.

I have had a fascination with engines since boyhood and discovered model engineering around 12 years ago. Putting those two things together, I have been pottering around in the workshop building some engines and experimenting with others for the last few years, at least in the warmer weather.

This forum and others like it are my inspiration. The skills, the knowledge and the mutual support are great and I derive daily enjoyment from them.
 I have followed a number of builds and tried (not always successfully) to copy them. But I plod along anyway.

I met some of you at Harrogate earlier this year so now I can put names and faces to some of the contributors and feel somewhat at home.

I am not sure when, or even if, I will have the courage to start a build log of my own but I can certainly offer support to those better qualified.

In the meantime, thanks to all of you for providing something special.

Jim

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Hello from Bywong, Australia
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 05:52:51 PM »
Hi Jim

A belated welcome to MadModder. I imagine you are pretty familiar with a lot of the members already as I see you taking a keen interest in many topics. The fact that you made this post in the Introductions forum kind of suprised me into thinking you were a new member. We look forward to your continued participation.

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline krv3000

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 07:13:05 PM »
hi nice to see you enjoy

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 09:26:42 PM »
Hi Jim,

Nice to meet you; shame none of us knew you were at Harrogate. It's a long trip there from Bywong, so give us a bit of warning if you ever come gain.

tAndy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short