Author Topic: DT-100 Bucket Racer  (Read 24551 times)

Offline BakerandPete

Re: DT-100 Bucket Racer
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 05:01:07 PM »
Hey guys, I've got a question to bother you with! :)
So my boyfriend and I are going to be picking up a couple 1970's DT-100's in Montana this summer and going on a little road trip with them. My dad is insisting that he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about DT's since he had one 26+ years ago. He says that you can make it go faster by adding a gear to the back or front..(whatever that means, I'm not a mechanic but my boyfriend is) and it will increase the top speed....What do you think about this?

Offline krv3000

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 05:41:25 PM »
HI well the dt stands for dirt track IE can be used off road as for the geering  i give in

Offline jamoni

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 09:58:04 PM »
Hey guys, I've got a question to bother you with! :)
So my boyfriend and I are going to be picking up a couple 1970's DT-100's in Montana this summer and going on a little road trip with them. My dad is insisting that he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about DT's since he had one 26+ years ago. He says that you can make it go faster by adding a gear to the back or front..(whatever that means, I'm not a mechanic but my boyfriend is) and it will increase the top speed....What do you think about this?
I know this is a little late, but it won't matter. These things run out of torque before they run out of gears. Top speed is about 50-55 mph max, regardless of gearing.