Author Topic: Fighting to get some space back!!  (Read 3820 times)

Offline Pete W.

Fighting to get some space back!!
« on: December 01, 2012, 11:19:02 AM »
Hi there, all,

:worthless:

I make no apologies for posting this here (rather than in 'woodwork') because it is part of my drive to win back some space in my workshop.   :bang:  :bang:

I had a lot of 'stuff' like cans of grease, bottles of marking-out blue etc. in tote boxes on the floor.  Just a temporary arrangement you know, well, ten years isn't that long, is it!   :doh: :doh: :doh:

Here's the first stage:

So far, so good.   I know it's only kiddie carpentry but for this job, function trumps form.  Three cheers for gap-filling glue.     :D
This job has confirmed my maxim that the timber (aka 'lumber' across the pond) we buy here nowadays has mostly been hewn from the trunk of a mature stinging nettle! 

Now to paint the job.  Aluminium primer to start, then a couple of coats of some paint a friend threw out when he moved house ('waste not - want not'!).  It wouldn't have been my first choice of colour but it was free. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is what it looks like now it's on the workshop wall and loaded:

You may be wondering about the plastic bag - I'd been hoarding a lump of Russian tallow for years, it's supposed to be good for persuading push fits to push fit.  The mice seem to have got to it but they have left me a small bit.

Now I've got some floor-space back, I can start sorting out the bench-top.   :beer: :beer: :beer:

Watch this space.

Best regards,

Pete W.
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: Fighting to get some space back!!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 11:57:07 AM »
I really must get down to something like that, Pete. I have some cheap DIY store type steel shelving units, but stuff falls off. I know, I know: I should have inverted the shelves so the bent-down edges faced upwards....

What an impressive collection of Oxo tins! They represent a serious culinary addiction.

(For those outside the UK, Oxo is a well-known brand of stock cubes for cookery)

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short