Author Topic: My Cowells ME lathe  (Read 32214 times)

Offline philf

Re: My Cowells ME lathe
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2018, 01:47:45 PM »
 Hi Chris - you've got a "Bobby Dazzler" there! :bugeye:
Phil Fern

Offline mechman48

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2018, 01:49:28 PM »
Hi Chris... what a great find, even more so with all the accessories. I've been to a couple of auctions locally & seen a couple of these but nowhere in such good nick, you struck gold with this one...enjoy  :beer: :thumbup:

George.
George.

Always look on the bright side of life, & remember.. KISS..' Keep It Simple Stupid'

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines
    • My Hobbies
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2018, 11:33:52 AM »
One sold recently here in Southern Ontario for $460.00 or thereabouts! I was tempted but already have 2 lathes,,,, bid and won on a magnificently made UPT instead.

Offline mechman48

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2018, 06:37:32 PM »
Hi Chris... what a great find, even more so with all the accessories. I've been to a couple of auctions locally & seen a couple of these but nowhere in such good nick, you struck gold with this one...enjoy  :beer: :thumbup:

George.

Had another look at your video of the Cowells... one question... where is the tailstock?
George.

Always look on the bright side of life, & remember.. KISS..' Keep It Simple Stupid'

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2018, 06:04:31 PM »
Had another look at your video of the Cowells... one question... where is the tailstock?

Just taken it off the bed and is sitting on the back of the stand. You can see it behind the lathe bed 20 seconds into the video. In fact, going a step further, I’ve actually managed to get myself an additional tailstock, one of the sensitive lever feed tailstocks like on the 90CW model...so I now have two!