Author Topic: Hydrofoil HPB (Human Powered Boat) "Water Bike"  (Read 6165 times)

Offline corvairaddict

Hydrofoil HPB (Human Powered Boat) "Water Bike"
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:47:47 AM »
An HPB (Human Powered Boat) using light weight materials and new designs, it is possible to travel as easily over water as terra firma. Hydrofoil wings mounted under a bicycle frame with a cogged pulley propulsion system can work (in my head anyway). Using the standard brake cables, the front hydrofoil angle will be controlling pitch and yaw. A drive tube guiding the belt to the lower pulley will act as the stab and skiff. I have most of the parts needed but the correct pulley configuration for a 5 to 1 ratio. I have just purchased a Miller maxstar 150 tig and found that it is not best for aluminum. Mill and machine lathe are at work. Imagine the possibilities with a vehicle like this. Not only could someone ride out in the ocean on waves like surfer but with the control of pitch and yaw of an airplane.  That is the one thing I have not seen yet done with hydrofoil designs and I want to try it. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Water launching with out floatation is a real setback.http://www.human-powered-hydrofoils.com/hydrofoils/waterbike/This link is the closest to what I have in mind. I would take control of the front foil and make the rear foil more narrow for maneuverability. He is being robbed of valuable momentum from the self leveling front foil and the complex chain drive. Still a brilliant design though.