The Shop > Tools

Sandblasting ????

(1/3) > >>

ksor:
I have got an old sandblaster but can't figure out what a spherical container is used for.

Look here and you have translation to the right under the menu line !

http://kelds.weebly.com/sandblaeligser.html

Any ideas ?

chipenter:
I think it acts as a silo to control the sand to air ratio .

Jeff

John Rudd:
Yes it is....

I have one and works very effectively although you need to ensure that the air supplied to the unit is dry else the sand binds up...

A tungsten nozzle is also desirable(very expensive!) as the ceramic ones tend to wear quickly

awemawson:
Sorry to disagree John, but the spherical jobby is an independent and separate sand blaster. I used to own one. They came with shaped rubber heads that were stored in the holes in the base. The sphere held the grit, it was pulled out by  a venturi arangement , conveyed to the blasting nozzle, and round the hose was a large diameter pipe also connected into the sphere, and at the business end the rubber heads pushed onto it. The sphere was connected to a vacuum cleaner so was at low pressure, and the grit having left the nozzle was contained within the rubber head and sucked back to the sphere. The heads were shaped to fit round the various mouldings and curves of car body work and the were inteded for spot blasting of rust damage on car panelwork.

John Rudd:
Ahh..that one works slightly differently to mine then...

Mine is pressurised at the top, then there's a feed pipe at the bottom where the sand/grit is fluidised and fed to the main blasting hose..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version