Author Topic: Armature rewinding  (Read 6279 times)

Offline John Rudd

Armature rewinding
« on: January 19, 2013, 02:31:45 PM »
I remember some of our forum patrons have experience in armature winding... :bow:

Anyone care to enlighten me on this skill, I'd like to learn more if you care to impart some of your knowledge and experience..
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline ken572

• Ken in Mesa,Arizona. USA. (Retired)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come from
working with the older Masters.
Ken.

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Re: Armature rewinding
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 11:05:57 AM »
Also, probably you're aware of this since it looks like you're air minded (hmm that doesn't sound right...) but there is a large bunch of information on rewinding in the RCGroups forum (hope that's okay to mention) in the brushless motor design section. Not sure what you're re-winding, but I've done a few brushless re-winds, and it's not as hard as I'd imagined.
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline John Rudd

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 11:11:03 AM »
vtsteam,
You are correct, I have a few model aircraft in my hangar some of which are electric powered by brushless motors...

I've also 'rolled my own' electric motors from scratch..( mebbe I should showcase them ?) but rewinding a mains powered motor is a little more involved hence the reluctance ( no pun intended...) so I was looking for some experience on which I could call on...
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 10:04:46 PM »
vtsteam,
You are correct, I have a few model aircraft in my hangar some of which are electric powered by brushless motors...

I've also 'rolled my own' electric motors from scratch..( mebbe I should showcase them ?) but rewinding a mains powered motor is a little more involved hence the reluctance ( no pun intended...) so I was looking for some experience on which I could call on...

John

Yes, you should showcase them and give us a chance to see your handiwork. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best