Author Topic: New Member, First Post, Long time reader. Moving Internationally-Advise  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Bradley Simmonds

Hey everyone my name is bradley/brad

I am just looking for advise from the wider mad modder community as I am moving with my long time girlfriend from Australia to England.  We are moving for the obvious reason that we wish to travel, work, change of lifestyle and just more exposure to the rest of the world. 

I am a qualified machinist first class, my main questions are: is there much trade work in the uk at the moment?  Should i be looking for trade work or just finding bar job as we are wanting to travel would a machine shop employ me knowing this? 

I have dual citizenship between Australia and England so in terms of work visas and alike I am fine.

My other questions involve and different aspect of which I have been looking at doing here in Australia I was wanting to do another apprenticeship as a mature age student, in welding.  Do they have those in England?  I have just turned 25 years old if that makes any difference to your answers?

Preferably I would like to do both, work in a machine shop whilst getting the exposure to welding as to gain welding tickets.  is that possible within england?

Any help and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

Offline krv3000

Re: New Member, First Post, Long time reader. Moving Internationally-Advise
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 06:00:59 PM »
hi and welcome