Author Topic: Tools in Aldi, Sunday 10th Feb  (Read 3478 times)

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
Tools in Aldi, Sunday 10th Feb
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:21:18 AM »
Aldi have a bunch of tools in on Sunday, including the pretty darn good WorkZone digi calipers - better IMHO than Lidl's brand, the WorkZone ones recall their last reading when switched back on.

Decent looking drill too.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week07Sunday13.htm
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Re: Tools in Aldi, Sunday 10th Feb
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 09:41:27 AM »
The UK Aldi's has a lot better selection of tools than the US Aldi's. But what they do have has great prices and seems to be we made well. A clamp/suction swivel vise(aluminum) is really a nice piece. Also the LED trouble light/rechargeable was cheaper than HF and lasts a long time hanging in the unheated garage.

I will add for those that haven't checked them out that their small kitchen appliances are pretty good for the money, plus the same item under a different brand name at the local big box store other than Wally's world. Is always at least twice the Aldi's price.

Have one of their deep fryers, and just bought one of the juicers that was on sale this weak. Works great and it was almost 3 times the price @ Miejers (Michigan's own version of Wally's world) :ddb:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Jonny

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 10:44:20 AM »
Good find Ade and will confirm they hold zero when powered on and off, within reason.
Having had a Mitutoyo IP67 £120 nicked Saturday with other stuff, my son nipped to local Aldi unbeknown to me.

Not exactly smooth in operation but suitable for diy use, anything more get a Mitutoyo or Tesa.

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 05:14:48 AM »
Glad to have been of help!

They do smooth out eventually, I wondered if a little watch oil might help, but since I don't have any, I can't try it...
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...