Author Topic: Belfast  (Read 3089 times)

Offline John Rudd

Belfast
« on: February 12, 2013, 05:49:22 AM »
'Er indoors is dragging me off to Belfast...She wants to go and see Ronan Keating and I have to accompany her :doh: (She is playing the usual female blackmail card...'You love me dont you? so you'll come with me if you do? '     Oh my, how could I refuse!!! :bugeye: )

Mebbe we'll get to see some of the sights? Are there any apart from the bullets and bombs?
Nah...I'm sure everything will be alright and our Irish friends will welcome us with open arms... :D

See you all when I get back on Friday, so behave yourselves..No fighting as mum would say.
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
Re: Belfast
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 06:23:10 AM »
If you have a spare afternoon, go and see the Titanic Exhibition, well worth seeing  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Another place well worth getting driven to is Bushmills Whiskey Distillery, a very good tour, and well worth asking to be a tester (costs a little more on the tour but you do get to taste a good number of whiskeys) It's a bit of a journey from belfast, but is only 2 miles from Giant's Causeway, another great place to visit (Go after touring Bushmills, then you won't feel the icy cold wind that whips round the coast.) The 2 places will take best part of a day to travel too and visit.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: Belfast
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 06:57:12 AM »
If you can, drop into for a drink and maybe a bite to eat at The Crown on Victoria Street, opposite the Europa Hotel. The period interior is quite remarkable, as you can see from the slideshow here:

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/thecrownliquorsaloonbelfast/diningrooms/

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short