Author Topic: Plasma cnc cutting table  (Read 5235 times)

Offline amron

Plasma cnc cutting table
« on: March 09, 2013, 02:31:34 AM »
Hi to all
This is my first post here. let me introduce the project that I do now. it's a homemade cnc plasma cutting table. please take a look at the pics and let me have your comment/suggestions.
Thanx

Offline DavidA

Re: Plasma cnc cutting table
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:19:02 AM »
What's the thickness of the material you are cutting ?

Dave.

Offline amron

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 10:12:36 AM »
That's depends on the plasma cutter that you attach to it. in my case, I have a Hypertherm powermax 1250 which is over my max needs since I dont intend to cut more than 16mm (5/8in.).

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 01:02:08 PM »
Welcome to Madmodder amron

Interesting project you have on the go  :thumbup: what CNC software will you be using ?

Rob 

Offline amron

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 02:20:43 AM »
Thanx Rob
I've orderd and received from a Chinese supplier a 3 channel control & driver board for the stepper motors. it came with Mach3 software, but of course I'm willing to hear your advise/suggestion if from your experience another software is better.
Attached pics showing the gantry.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 05:20:49 AM by amron »

Offline fatal-exception

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 04:26:25 PM »
Those linear rails are going to take a beating if you don't cover them with something. I would say it would be worth your while (and money) to get covers for them. You will have beautifully smooth cuts though.... :D

I've experimented with a few different Chinese stepper controllers, with no success. I would suggest using Gecko drives. If they are properly protected, they will work for years without any issues. Mach3 software will be all you need.