Author Topic: New Bentley  (Read 2626 times)

bogstandard

New Bentley
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:53:45 AM »
Seeing as how Stew showed off his dad's R-R, and both of us live in the town that had produced rollers for many many years. I thought I would show you what the town gets up to now.

Unfortunatley, BMW moved the R-R production away from Crewe when the R-R/Bentley empire was split between BMW and VW.

So now the Crewe site designs and builds the prestigious Bentley mark, utilising all the old R-R build teams.

This is all leading to a little bit of info for all the motorheads amongst you.

The new super fast Bentley will be called the 'Continental Supersports'. It uses the new FlexFuel technology, and can run on either petrol or biofuel.

The nearly two ton projectile, goes from 0 to 60mph in 3.7 seconds, with a top speed of 204MPH.

No price given.

Anyone fancy buying me one for next Christmas?

Bogs

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
Re: New Bentley
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 12:47:29 AM »
I have seen a couple of those bad boys in the previous year models at the shop.. and they are a seriously nice car.

Ill buy you one when I win lottery... and come get you when I go to pick mine up.  :thumbup:
SPiN Racing

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:43:58 AM »
Bogs, if you got a job there how long would it take to make you own if you put a piece in your lunch box each day?
From the den of The Artful Bodger

bogstandard

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 04:27:14 AM »
John,

I think with security nowadays, even a 3mm nut would be detected in your carry out.

When I worked in the factory many years ago, there was no need to steal anything. You just took the bit you wanted to the foreman, and he would write it off and give you a bit of paper to give to and get you thru security.

You could buy slightly off colour body paint and matching primer undercoat at 1 squid a gallon, enough to do at least two cars. I bought an Everflex roof cover (vinyl top) that had been made slightly undersized. Purchased for 5 squid, then taken to the trim shop and they would cut it down for you and put the seams in the right places, ready to fit to your car. Then you would book a roof trim fitter from the factory for a Saturday or Sunday morning, to come to your house and fit it for you, 25 squid all in. He would even have the roofing underfelt and stainless trims with him, and dress and bend them to fit your car. 30 squid for a 1 grand roof, guaranteed to last at least 20 years (or so they said). :thumbup:

But also I have seen people praying for heavy rain. They would take a car battery, slung around their neck, and all covered over with their cycling cape, and cycle past main security. The security men were reluctant to come out of their hut and get wet. ::)

Sadly those times have long gone. Nowadays, with JIT (just in time) operating thruout factories, there is very little unaccounted for, and negligible wastage. :(

Bogs