Author Topic: How do I mix pictures and text?  (Read 4484 times)

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
How do I mix pictures and text?
« on: March 16, 2013, 08:16:16 AM »
If I create a new post, and want to have pictures each with a bit of descriptive text,  I fail miserably  :bang:

It must be possible as I see threads with pictures and text mixed, but all my pictures appear at the end of the text. How is it done?
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Pete.

Re: How do I mix pictures and text?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 08:56:39 AM »
Host the pictures off-board, and use the 'insert image' tag to place it in line with your text. If you have any webspace from your Internet Provider, that's a great place to host them.

Here's an example I just did for some stuff I bought:

Mercer heavy indicator base with rock-solid inch diameter post. Came with a Baty half-thou indicator.

Swiss-made Sylvan digital half-tenth indicator
Mitutoyo 1uM dial indicator
Verdict .0001" DTI

And here's how I did it:

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:25:39 AM »
Thanks Pete - all is revealed!

I was under the impression that off site pics were frowned on as if the off site location changes the thread becomes useless?
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline black85vette

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 09:43:50 AM »
Off site hosting can be an issue if the owner changes or deletes anything.   If you want text and pictures together and uploaded to the site you would have to do one post per picture.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 11:33:51 AM »
awemawson

Pete has given you a very good example of how to post the photo's and do the text. He has also chosen an excellent size for the photo's which is 640 x 480. It makes them large enough to easily be viewed without having to scroll all over the place just to see a couple of photo's.

I was under the impression that off site pics were frowned on as if the off site location changes the thread becomes useless?

It is not frowned upon. It is up to the individual preference.

Off site hosting can be an issue if the owner changes or deletes anything.   If you want text and pictures together and uploaded to the site you would have to do one post per picture.

Once photo's are posted you have to be careful not to change any of the photo's or path names as that will change the photo in the post as well.

Good luck with posting your photo's. If you have any other questions or need a hand I will be glad to help.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Pete.

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 12:40:04 PM »
Yes that is a problem and why I don't use hosting sites like photobucket. Mostly all of the photos I ever posted online are still right there on my webspace.

Offline mattinker

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 01:49:48 PM »
I had an idea, it depends on being able to work with images. If you want to put text between images, you could put the image on a slightly longer background so that there was a strip of white at the bottom and add the text to the image before posting it.

Just a thought, regards, Matthew